Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audi a6 phone

Options
  • 04-03-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi i have a 07 a6, it has a phone button on the mmi..which doesnt seem to work (so i guess i dont have correct spec mmi)..looking to get handsfree phone kit installed and would like some advice/info on same..think that getting mmi upgraded etc..will be pretty expensive..so any options/ideas greatfully received....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭podgee

Is your MMI screen monochrome or full color ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have a factory bloetooth setup from Audi & tbh, I wouldnt rate it as being any better than the typical nokia carkit. I would be just as happy with a completely invisible nokia kit which will allow voice dialing if you have the right phone. Of course I have the display and it shows up the incoming call etc but some functionality is lost depending on phone type used.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

thanks for replies folks,
    screen is monchrome (red and black).....is it easy to get a phone kit installed guys in halford reckoned it was complicated...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Getting the Audi OEM bluetooth kit installed will be complicated and very expensive in coparison to the after market kits. You're better off going for a Parrot or Nokia kit and save yourself money and hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

+1 as above,

also stay away from Halfords. Get a professional to fit yor car kit. He/she will also advise on the best solution for the car.
    If I am not mistaken there is an amp in th eboot of your car and you have to get a special lead for this. Its not going to be cheap either (€70 for the lead alone).
    Do a search on Parrot or audi kits. I think there was a thread with PaintDoctors car and all the pit falls reciently enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

thanks for all the advice lads..

Advertisement