Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you seen wild foxes in dublin 15?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I am making a film about foxes in the Dublin 15 area and I would be interested to find out if anyone is aware of any active dens or know of anyone who may be lucky enough to get foxes into their gardens. I will keep this information confidential so if you know please pm me. this is for a project i am doing for Fingal community television www.fctv.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I seen a fox a few times near the hump back bridge at Castleknock, while on the nite link home so there could be one or so there.

I also seen one near the Coolmine Woods while at the bus stop early on a Sunday morning, waiting on the first bus, so probably about 8am.

Hope that's of some help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi Wildlifebot, think I've emailed you before. Plenty of foxes visible down my way, but I've no idea where their den is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Have seen foxs plenty of times in Windmill area of Porterstown, saw one last night in fact. Wouldnt be surprised if there is a den around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Seen on in the Phonenix Park. Few years back. Be unusual to see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I've spotted 2 on 2 different nights driving home from Finglas on the River Road

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭__________

I drive on this road all the time at night:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.378785,-6.402261&spn=0.005824,0.013797&t=h&z=16

The curvy road, and spot foxes nearly every time. I think they live in the fields to the left of that road. Click satellite view to see what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There's a fox that comes out to play at night on Barrow Street, comes from down the Gasworks Apartments and mooches around outside google and in the new building site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

the left of the curvey road is the mochtas football pitches..i think ill take a wander up there and see if i can spot anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

I live in Roselawn beside St. Brigids parish field and have seen foxes on multiple occasions in our garden, think they come in from the parish field though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A large healthy looking fox passed through out garden last night, and it stopped and stared at me just as I arrived at the window. The impasse must have lasted 30-45 seconds. I was reaching slowly for the camera but the bugger moved off just as I got my hands on it. I'd swear he knew what I was up to!

• Advertisement

thanks everyone i will check out the parish field..its only 10 minutes from the house and the pitchs in mochtas too. if i find a den then i can get some great footage of the cubs..fingers crossed.:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

Spotted one( nearly ran over ) at the railway crossing near ST. mochtas the other night...Gerrit Van Gelderen would be proud of you..:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive seen some around Damastown Ind estate, lots of rabbits and hares too.

I went to one of the locations mentioned and was lucky enough to spot one about 20 yards away sunning himself at 3 pm on saturday afternoon and also found a pond with frogspawn..2 birds with one stone..looks like the Fox tried to eat some of the spawn too. the locals are feeding them bread?? weird. I will be taking strolls up there more often over the summer..some great spots i never knew about.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Glad to have helped. Ive not seen any foxes in a while in damastown but lots of bunnys are out now this time of year so im sure the foxes will not be too far behind. If i spot any more ill let you know.

I saw two down the canal last night

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

I have seen foxes in Elm Green golf course lots of times.

They seem used to humans too, as one walked across the fairway one day fairly close to me.

Advertisement