Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7

Options
  • 04-03-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend where I can purchase the standard home edition at a reasonable price? Windows XP has given me a lot of trouble and in any case, I need to upgrade? I have heard that Windows 7 is the way to go!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

suitseir wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend where I can purchase the standard home edition at a reasonable price? Windows XP has given me a lot of trouble and in any case, I need to upgrade? I have heard that Windows 7 is the way to go!

Thanks.

Windows 7 is most defiantly the way to go.

If you dont need business features,you should get Home Premium,make sure its the upgrade version which is much cheaper.

As far as availability,any major tech store should have it for €90.Personally,I bought my copy from Peats on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Windows 7 is most defiantly the way to go.

If you dont need business features,you should get Home Premium,make sure its the upgrade version which is much cheaper.

As far as availability,any major tech store should have it for €90.Personally,I bought my copy from Peats on Parnell St.

Thanks for that. I don't want to spend a fortune....just a basic enough one will do me the finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

Just be warned tho that it's v different to previous versions, counter intuitive if you're used to XP etc..

suitseir wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I don't want to spend a fortune....just a basic enough one will do me the finest.

I'm pretty sure Premium is the cheapest.There is one below it (Starter) but I've never seen it for sale (I don't think its commercially available)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

anneboleyn wrote: »
    Just be warned tho that it's v different to previous versions, counter intuitive if you're used to XP etc..

I was very used to xp and I find windows 7 to be great. I hate using xp machines now.
    I'm pretty sure Premium is the cheapest.There is one below it (Starter) but I've never seen it for sale (I don't think its commercially available)

Available to oems only, I believe.

• Advertisement

Available to oems only, I believe.

Yeah,I've only seen it on Netbooks

Starter is only available to OEMs and is 32-bit only. There's also a Home Basic but it's only available in certain countries, mostly third world countries.

Advertisement