Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympus & ProNutz Poker - €1000 Player Sponsorship Deal

Options
  • 04-03-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

pro.gif

Become A Sponsored Player!

Ever wanted to be sponsored to play poker? Well now you can, thanks to ProNutz Poker & The Olympus with our Sponsored Player Deal.

The Olympus and ProNutz Poker are proud to introduce our Sponsored Player Deal. Be in with a chance to win a sponsorship deal including, €1000 worth of tournament buy ins, merchandise, monthly game entry. Use this money to to buy into any events of your choice, Use it to play free in the club, use it for the Irish Winter Fest, IPT, Waterford Masters even a WSOP Tournament in Vegas !!!! The choice is yours

This package will be run over a 3 month period with the Top 10 point’s accumulators playing a single table tournament to decide the winner of the sponsorship package.

Every 3 Months we will Sponsor a Player to the value of €1000 to play in any tournaments of your choice !!

From all at the Club we would like to wish everyone the best of luck.

If you have any questions or feedback - please let us know

Wayne / Robert & Seamus

Details

Sponsorship Pack

* €1000 In Tournament Buy Ins
    * These can be used in any tournament you like

Free Monthly Buy In

* You will be entered FREE into the first monthly game of your deal

Merchandise

* €100 in merchandise, t-shirts, hoodies etc etc

Qualification

* Qualification will be based on a points system which will incorporate both cash and tournament points

o Tournament - Points will be given to the final table
    + 1st Place - 10 Points
    + 2nd Place – 9 Points
    + 3rd Place – 8 Points
    + 4th Place – 7 Points
    + 5th Place – 6 Points
    + 6th Place – 5 Points
    + 7th Place – 4 Points
    + 8th Place – 3 Points
    + 9th Place – 2 Points
    + 10th Place – 1 Point

o Cash Hours
    + 1 Hour – 2 Points

* You need a minimum of 100 Points to qualify
    * The Top 10 points earners will play off for the package in a single table tournament
    * Chips stacks will be allocated based on points
    o 100 Points = 8,000 Chips
    o For every 10 Points thereafter – 500 Chips will be added

* In the unlikely event of less than 10 players qualifying – The sponsorship package will be played out amongst the players with more than 100 points

Starting Date

* 15/03/2010

Closing Date

* 16/06/2010

Terms and Conditions

* There will be a 95% deal for the player & 5% for the club on any winnings over €2000, this 5% will be added back into the club in the form of a Jackpot or Free Roll tournament - it will not be going into the management of the club
    * This is non transferable
    * There will be no cash equivalent
    * The final table tournament players must play for the package
    * No money will be taken from prize pools or cash tables, the €1000 is being added by the club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hi lads , this looks like a great idea so goodluck with it , The only thing i would be concerned about is that the points are jointly allocated for tournament and cash.
    I dont think it is fair on someone that doesn't play cash games or simply cant afford to play them.
    Basically someone who can only afford to come in for his weekly game can only get 10 points for a win where as a regular player can sit down for 5 hours at a cash game and get the same points . The tournament players will never get a chance to realistically qualify for this. I think maybe you should try to seperate the two . Just my opinion lads.

Its still a very good and unique idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭WhalloranIRL

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Hi lads , this looks like a great idea so goodluck with it , The only thing i would be concerned about is that the points are jointly allocated for tournament and cash.
    I dont think it is fair on someone that doesn't play cash games or simply cant afford to play them.
    Basically someone who can only afford to come in for his weekly game can only get 10 points for a win where as a regular player can sit down for 5 hours at a cash game and get the same points . The tournament players will never get a chance to realistically qualify for this. I think maybe you should try to seperate the two . Just my opinion lads.

Its still a very good and unique idea.

Hi Damo,

Thanks for the comments - its a new venture for us so we are defo open to suggestions, I see the point your making, what we were trying to do is to make it equal on both sides ie: Average tourney lasts 5 hours equalling 10 points and 5 hours on cash equalling 10 points. There will be approx 70 tournaments to qualify the points as well as the option of topping them up with a few cash hours here and there so I hope it will pan out fairly, if not we can look to tweak it for the next one.

Its something I'm really keen on and I believe we should be rewarding loyal players and this for me (as a player first) is a fantastic opportunity.

Wayne

Hi Damo,

Thanks for the comments - its a new venture for us so we are defo open to suggestions, I see the point your making, what we were trying to do is to make it equal on both sides ie: Average tourney lasts 5 hours equalling 10 points and 5 hours on cash equalling 10 points. There will be approx 70 tournaments to qualify the points as well as the option of topping them up with a few cash hours here and there so I hope it will pan out fairly, if not we can look to tweak it for the next one.

Its something I'm really keen on and I believe we should be rewarding loyal players and this for me (as a player first) is a fantastic opportunity.

Wayne
    I totally understand what your saying Wayne , but the fact of the matter is i can come in for 5 nights on the trot and sit at a cash table for 5 hours and accumulate 50 points , so the tourney guy will never have a hope of catching me unless he wins 5 times the same week.

I know this is aimed at the more frequent players and it's all about getting regular numbers in the door but the tourney guy hasnt a hope with the current structure.

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I totally understand what your saying Wayne , but the fact of the matter is i can come in for 5 nights on the trot and sit at a cash table for 5 hours and accumulate 50 points , so the tourney guy will never have a hope of catching me unless he wins 5 times the same week.

I know this is aimed at the more frequent players and it's all about getting regular numbers in the door but the tourney guy hasnt a hope with the current structure.

Yeah I see what you mean - I'm not sure about splitting them up ie: 1 Cash / 1 Tourney or the logistics of that working - perhaps adjusting the tournament points for placed people - maybe giving points for just turning up ie: 10 points in the door and start at 12 points for 10th to 30 Points 1st?

Also - remember its the top 10 over all - for whats it worth this league would qualify 4 players before an cash hours and 30 would have 40 Points so I guess is finding that right balance :)

Any suggestions ?

I think awarding points for playing the tourney is a good idea , say 5 points which equates to 2.5 hrs on a cash table. This will entice the cash players to play the tournament. Then award the points to the top ten as you have it allready.
    Then for your tournament players when you are paying out the prizepool you could make it that part of the their cash prize will be paid in chips to entice them to play cash games and thus gaining them extra points.

Another allternative would be to just change the structure so that the top 5 from each (Cash/Tourney) would qualify for the final table.

Im not sure how this would fit in with your plans , but if you are trying to get new players into the club which will almost certainly be done through good value tournaments i think this is the way to go .

Regards ..Damo

• Advertisement

Thanks Damo appreciate the suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Lads essentially ye want as many players as possible in club. Ideally playing cash is the most profitable situation for the club.

Winning a tournament should be worth more than 5 hours on cash table.

When you are combining both i would just give points to every player playing the tournament say the equivalent of 3 hours cash play.

You could weight the points on the buy in.

Something like

1 cash hour = 2 points

30 buy in = 3 points

50 buyin = 5 points

75 buyin = 7 points

Just wouldnt be a fan of that points system not that it matters to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Its not really a sponsorship deal in reality is it?
    Its a 1 table freeroll, with who ever gets lucky on the night wins the package.

Will the cash league and tournament league also run seperate from this?

Also one last question as I have not been in the club in a while....has the rake changed since the new partnership started running the club? and can you confirm what is the rake in the cash games?

many thanks and good luck with your new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Also one last question as I have not been in the club in a while....has the rake changed since the new partnership started running the club? and can you confirm what is the rake in the cash games?

Ian you're unreal. here we have something for absolutely nothing & youre knocking it.

Also if you want to know the rake why not ask in a PM. How come you always want to wash your linen in public.

Damo,

I'm a member of this club & I would class myself as a tournament player rather than a cash player & i know what you are saying is probably correct from a points point of view but really a tournament player is not worth a jot to any club because their reg fee is only going towards dealers wages & free tea & coffee etc.

Cash players are keeping the club open & maybe they are the ones who should be rewarded.

I think this is a great initiative from the lads & I hope it works out for them. What I think may happen is we will get cash players been sponsored in Tournaments

• Advertisement

Were giving away €1000 of our own money Ian, its not coming from the cash league or the tournament league - these will still be going ahead as per normal. Therefore IMO we are sponsoring someone.

As for the rake, its the same obv with the new partnership were looking at all aspects of the club and how we can improve things, at the end of the day its a business were running and we want to be as fair on the players as we can without crippling ourselves.

The above will be the start of the changes to put more into the club so I hope you see the positive in what we are trying to do here.

kakak1 wrote: »
    Damo,

I'm a member of this club & I would class myself as a tournament player rather than a cash player & i know what you are saying is probably correct from a points point of view but really a tournament player is not worth a jot to any club because their reg fee is only going towards dealers wages & free tea & coffee etc.

Cash players are keeping the club open & maybe they are the ones who should be rewarded.

I think this is a great initiative from the lads & I hope it works out for them. What I think may happen is we will get cash players been sponsored in Tournaments

Thanks Dave,

We want to allow tournament and cash palyers alike qualify for this so I will be reviewing the points system this week to see how I can get the balance right, or as close as possible.

Wayne

Thanks Dave,

We want to allow tournament and cash palyers alike qualify for this so I will be reviewing the points system this week to see how I can get the balance right, or as close as possible.

Wayne

Wayne,

As previously mentioned I think this is a super idea & I have no problem with any aspect of it and am not asking for it to be reviewed in any way.

I think the current set up of the points structure is more advantageous to a cash player, who in fairness is the lifeblood of the club anyway.

I think it will be very difficult if not nearly impossible to have a system that suits both cash & tournament players.

Maybe a system for loyalty, so many points for playing a tournament, maybe some extra for being in the prizemoney & then points for the cash players.

From a business perspective there is no point giving out a sponsorship to someone who only plays in tournaments, the club / business cannot survive on tournament only players.

Ian you're unreal. here we have something for absolutely nothing & youre knocking it.

Also if you want to know the rake why not ask in a PM. How come you always want to wash your linen in public.

I did NOT knock it........... and I know your well able to read.
    I was just making a point the the person that gets lucky on the night wins so its a freeroll not a sponsorship deal....I would think the tournament league winner should get it.

As regarding "washing linen in public" why should the management not reply in public about a question that should be public.... you go into tesco and buy petrol without knowing the price? IM sure you would

Were giving away €1000 of our own money Ian, its not coming from the cash league or the tournament league - these will still be going ahead as per normal. Therefore IMO we are sponsoring someone.

As for the rake, its the same obv with the new partnership were looking at all aspects of the club and how we can improve things, at the end of the day its a business were running and we want to be as fair on the players as we can without crippling ourselves.

The above will be the start of the changes to put more into the club so I hope you see the positive in what we are trying to do here.

I asked where you still running a cash league and tournament league along with this..not where is the money coming from. I really don't know why everyone has attitude about answering a question i ask.

And as far as your reply regarding rake..... I asked what the rake was?
    Every other tournament organiser and club disclose the rake at the bottom section of the event details but when I ask will the new management be changing this I still don't get an answer?

I also wished you luck with this new venture but thats not mentioned...once again good luck

I asked where you still running a cash league and tournament league along with this..not where is the money coming from. I really don't know why everyone has attitude about answering a question i ask.

And as far as your reply regarding rake..... I asked what the rake was?
    Every other tournament organiser and club disclose the rake at the bottom section of the event details but when I ask will the new management be changing this I still don't get an answer?

I also wished you luck with this new venture but thats not mentioned...once again good luck

You might have picked me up wrong Ian apologies if it came across poorly, I wasnt having a go or anything like that. I was just pointing out that these are separate entities - leagues etc, as I felt your post implied we were giving nothing away. Call it what you will a free roll etc etc were still going to be handing someone €1000 in tournament buy ins :) I can only see this as being a good thing :)

I dont have any issue answering a question you post, having not had many dealings with you I have no agenda :) The rake is still 7% as it has been for quite some time now, like I said we will be looking at this, were only in a door a couple of weeks so need to get to grips with everything.

Thanks for the wishes, hopefully see you in there soon.

I did NOT knock it........... and I know your well able to read.
    I was just making a point the the person that gets lucky on the night wins so its a freeroll not a sponsorship deal....I would think the tournament league winner should get it.

As regarding "washing linen in public" why should the management not reply in public about a question that should be public.... you go into tesco and buy petrol without knowing the price? IM sure you would

Really a stupid example Ian, just like most of your comments that knock our local poker club/s.

To my knowledge petrol /fuel is the only commodity that this law applies to

Petrol stations
    Petrol stations must:
    • display the prices per litre for petrol
    and diesel;
    • make sure the sign is clearly visible from
    the side of the road;
    • use writing on the sign that is at least
    20cm in height; and
    • match the price displayed to the actual
    price charged at the petrol pump.

Also Tesco are a multi national company whereas our, & I emphasise the word OUR, poker club is a small privately owned operation who are providing players with many hours of enjoyment.

When you walk into Tesco you don't know the price of anything else until you see it displayed. But of course you pick the obvious one.

With regard to the "sponsorship" what does the winner of what you class as a freeroll get Ian.
    He/She gets a ****ing sponsorship to play in ****ing poker tournaments.

Ian I have a theory that has worked for me & you might try it.
    If you haven't something good to say about someone/something best say nothing.

Also if I'm not happy with the service / deal I'm getting as a consumer I just don't frequent that business anymore. So I take it we'll hardly be seeing you around in the near future....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TUTTUT

Really a stupid example Ian, just like most of your comments that knock our local poker club/s.

To my knowledge petrol /fuel is the only commodity that this law applies to

Petrol stations
    Petrol stations must:
    • display the prices per litre for petrol
    and diesel;
    • make sure the sign is clearly visible from
    the side of the road;
    • use writing on the sign that is at least
    20cm in height; and
    • match the price displayed to the actual
    price charged at the petrol pump.

Also Tesco are a multi national company whereas our, & I emphasise the word OUR, poker club is a small privately owned operation who are providing players with many hours of enjoyment.

When you walk into Tesco you don't know the price of anything else until you see it displayed. But of course you pick the obvious one.

With regard to the "sponsorship" what does the winner of what you class as a freeroll get Ian.
    He/She gets a ****ing sponsorship to play in ****ing poker tournaments.

Ian I have a theory that has worked for me & you might try it.
    If you haven't something good to say about someone/something best say nothing.

Also if I'm not happy with the service / deal I'm getting as a consumer I just don't frequent that business anymore. So I take it we'll hardly be seeing you around in the near future....;)
    Jaysus you really are a little angry ole man , i hope i never get like that.

Anyway Goodluck to wayne and the lads , i think its a brill idea and i will defo be in for it . I havent played any cash games yet but i suppose i will have to learn sometime.

This is my first post and im sorry for the rant at the start but this kakkak really comes across as an arrogant sonnamabitch.

TUTTUT wrote: »
    Jaysus you really are a little angry ole man , i hope i never get like that.

Anyway Goodluck to wayne and the lads , i think its a brill idea and i will defo be in for it . I havent played any cash games yet but i suppose i will have to learn sometime.

This is my first post and im sorry for the rant at the start but this kakkak really comes across as an arrogant sonnamabitch.

I might be old but I'm not little, just about average.

I get very angry when supposedly one of our own publicly knocks our own in public & also knock what to me is an excellent idea & something that is being given for nothing.

Also judging from some of your remarks you know exactly who I am & you know what you are saying is nothing near the truth & what I'm saying is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TUTTUT

I get very angry when supposedly one of our own publicly knocks our own in public & also knock what to me is an excellent idea & something that is being given for nothing.

Also judging from some of your remarks you know exactly who I am & you know what you are saying is nothing near the truth & what I'm saying is correct.
    Sorry man , i dont know who you are . I have been a long time reader here and i have picked up from your seemingly long time fued with another poster on here that you are indeed angry and little .
    I just hope if i meet you in the club that you wont be as arrogant as you seem to be on here .
    BTW i call everyone little as i am 6'4'' and 20 stone .

• Advertisement

DID NOT KNOCK ONE PERSON OR IDEA.......... so you can apologise when you get the time. I have supported olympus for a year with a lot of hours and rake...5th in cash rake points in last league. and I supported Blazin Aces for 3years also feeding a rake every week.

I wished the new management good luck twice if you read back in both posts as I do again as I think wayne is an excellent organiser of events etc.(and also a nice genuine guy)

I asked a business question about a business that I have helped to build in a small way and we were asked to comment about the sponsorship which I did.
    I think the "best most loyal" customer should get the deal not someone that gets lucky on one given night.

If more people question businesses and new as well as old ideas in this country then maybe we wouldent be in such a mess, but its the past generation that just went with the flow and never felt the need to be counted.

TUTTUT wrote: »
    Sorry man , i dont know who you are . I have been a long time reader here and i have picked up from your seemingly long time fued with another poster on here that you are indeed angry and little .
    I just hope if i meet you in the club that you wont be as arrogant as you seem to be on here .
    BTW i call everyone little as i am 6'4'' and 20 stone .

check your pm

If more people question businesses and new as well as old ideas in this country then maybe we wouldent be in such a mess, but its the past generation that just went with the flow and never felt the need to be counted.

I think you'll find it was the "past generation" who built up this country & the current generation who have got it into the mess it is in now

DID NOT KNOCK ONE PERSON OR IDEA.......... so you can apologise when you get the time. I have supported olympus for a year with a lot of hours and rake...5th in cash rake points in last league. and I supported Blazin Aces for 3years also feeding a rake every week.
    Its players like me that play cash games for 6-10hrs a night that build a club.....

who or what did i knock??

Advertisement