Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game-related non game item?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Back to eBay after a short break, but none of the gaps in my collection are popping up at reasonable prices, although some guy wants £99.99 for a sealed copy of Grandia 2 :D:D:D :rolleyes:

So, I've been looking at non-games. Slim pickings at the moment, DC stuff seems to be mostly Arsenal football shirts from the early noughties, but it got me wondering about what's out there. So what's your favourite game related non-game item you own? Or even something you've seen that you'd like to get your retro-lovin' mitts on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm always on the lookout for this kind of stuff myself. :) You'll get a lot of it from Japanese ebay sellers.

I've already put up pictures of these before..but they really relate to this thread, so feck ye's, you can look at them again :D

My most recent was the Super Famicom travel case which I now use for storing all my Hama beads for making sprite art. It's super super pretty.

DSC_0334.jpg

Then I guess I can include my sprite art too. It's great fun to make if you're looking for something interesting game related -

DSC_0312croppedsamus-1.jpg

This is games related but not games related. It's a modded gameboy DMG 1 for making chiptunes -

DSC_0224-2.jpg

I also have a really cool Sega jacket that I got from Japan which lists every Sega console ever made on the back. Must wear that more.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for the moment!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I haven't got much really. Got a bit from my friend that works in konami including MGS postcards with some gorgeous MGS artwork on them. Also my friend got me some game related stuff for christmas including a sort of wallet/card holder that looks like a nes joypad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd love to get some kiosks like these:

dreamcastdemokiosk.jpg

That you see in shops. I might try see if I can hassle shops into giving me a PS2 one, seeing as it's pretty much gone at this stage :)

Master of the Universe

Oh **** yeah that'd be sweet!

There's an old Xbox kiosk in the canteen where I work. The other building has all the 360 kiosks. The ****.

Or how about one of these. Really lovely. Shame the monitor is so damn small -

1013591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

my final fantasy figures and my hyrule shield mints tin!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »

There's an old Xbox kiosk in the canteen where I work. The other building has all the 360 kiosks. The ****.

That is noice!! I say you take the xbox kiosk. They'll never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

1013591.jpg

I like that Sega has it's kiosk and there's the PS lurking to the right but the Gamecube has been discarded. Couldn't even be bothered closing it.

I want these but I know they'd just look crap once you try to put them up yourself

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/stickers/a6d0/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I used to have a mountain of promo t-shirts reps would leave in the shop, I still have, and wear, my Rez shirt, I had a lovely Lost Planet tee but too small, my God Of War II tee is a bit too heavy metal but feck it, I also have numerous Atari, Sega and Nintendo shirts too.

I did see a long sleeved Vib Ribbon shirt once, black with the main character all over it in a fine white/silver thread, very awesome!

I also wish I had kept my Parrappa the Rappa orange beanie, along with the ears and stick on nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just have a crap ton of figures, resident evil 2 tyrant is my favorite though

Master of the Universe

We demand pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Jack burton

ah i'll do it tomorrow, just got a new pc and installing the software is annoying and im too sexy to do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Here's a couple of things in my collection.Got them at a car boot and a charity shop a few years back.

DSCF0394.jpg?t=1268178164
    I have another couple of these,I must root them out and take another photo.Good family fun.

DSCF0393.jpg?t=1268178755
    Tomy Sonic the Hedgehog Pinball,its good but the bloody thing is louder than my 360 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

I'm always on the lookout for this kind of stuff myself. :) You'll get a lot of it from Japanese ebay sellers.

I've already put up pictures of these before..but they really relate to this thread, so feck ye's, you can look at them again :D

This is games related but not games related. It's a modded gameboy DMG 1 for making chiptunes -

DSC_0224-2.jpg

Anyway, that's all I can think of for the moment!

whoah did you make that yourself ??

Master of the Universe

bossa_nova wrote: »
    whoah did you make that yourself ??

Unfortunately not :( I'm a big fraud. Bought it on ebay.

It's not the hardest mod to do. I'm just lazy. Plus it's nice having one made by a pro!

Unfortunately not :( I'm a big fraud. Bought it on ebay.

It's not the hardest mod to do. I'm just lazy. Plus it's nice having one made by a pro!

its really nice, always wanted to mod a gameboy like that, have one to spare, just need to plans to make it :P

Master of the Universe

The sound mod is all you really need to get it working for chiptunes. Which isn't mean to be hard.

Backlight is a bit harder. Not a necessity but it is in a way. You can barely see these screens without it.

The kickstart and half speed slow down switch on mine are just for showing off :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not too much either, apart from my Zelda / Persona 4 t-shirts my Japanese Smile Slime plush toy is my favourite random collectible.

hmmm just looked at those mods doesn't seem to be to bad, might try and get it done this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I don't have much stuff that's games-related but not an actual game - particularly in recent years, I've been trying to dejunk my life, getting rid of anything that's just lying there and not spending money on stuff that's not used. Also, I need the space.

So, these days, I have very little. I'm most proud of the Sonic the Hedgehog poster that's been hanging above my bed since 1992. It came with the original Megadrive game, which I didn't actually own until 1993; I nicked this poster from an empty case in the shop, the staff had forgotten to remove it when they took the cart and manual. I also have an action figure of Dan Hibiki flexing his muscles on the DVD shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

I'd love to get some kiosks like these:

dreamcastdemokiosk.jpg

That you see in shops. I might try see if I can hassle shops into giving me a PS2 one, seeing as it's pretty much gone at this stage :)

i remember playing a dreamcast a lot on one of those.

When i was between 13 and 15 my dad got his hands on a ps2 kiosk from a shop closing down, no tv or console obviously and it was left outside and all the plugs inside it where german so i never bothered hooking the lights up, twas great, we ran out of space then and i was made toss it :mad: there was also hundreds of xbox game cases tossed out into the same yard from the shop, imagine being 14 and finding all that and then opening the cases to see them empty and leaving them there, wish i didnt now sort of.

i only actually remember it because the room we had it in had wooden floor and wooden walls and wooden slanted ceiling just like that sega kiosk in oisins pic

damn i miss that thing :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You had to throw out a ps2 kiosk?!

Ah!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

Ignoring the games (obviously) the T shirts are as rare as hens teeth, glad to have them. Great thread by the way, love the Dreamcast set up!!:)

23815_389588853480_223024853480_3792511_1950764_n.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice tshirts! Where'd you come across them if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

Nice tshirts! Where'd you come across them if you don't mind me asking?
    I've owned SOTB2 and tshirt since new, tracked down SOTB1 and tshirt on eBay. A bit obsessive I guess, but I just love those games and all that went with it!!:)

Advertisement