Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scalp sensation

Options
  • 04-03-2010 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Does anybody ever get a really relaxing, good tingling sensation on their head/scalp when say they hear a certain voice or they're concentrating on something in a certain way? I do and it's really relaxing. I'm just wondering what it is?

It feels like something primative that probably had a use in a past.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sometimes I get something like that when putting cotton buds in my ears
    (don't do this at home kids :eek:)

It's amazing the way our senses can be linked together

IIRC the magnetic sensors for pigeons are linked to the optical nerve rather than directly to the brain !

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

I get something like this too. I usually get it when I hear foreign voices and also when I see someone drawiing. Its like tingling all over my scalp and you just feel very mellow or something? When I was in school and teachers wrote on the board, I found it very hard to concentrate because the sound of chalk on the board would make the tinglies happen. Weird but cool! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

yes i have experienced it too, when i was in school i can vividly remember getting it when a certain girl i asked for help was near me, i don't know if she caused it herself or if it was because i was concentrating on what ever she was showing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

ha yeah i get it when im watching other people write or draw too, its like a little bit of me feels like i could watch them forever. lovved when teachers wrote on the board.
    also in school/libraries when people put their books/pencil cases out of their bag and put them back in i would put me in a litt daze as well. even the sound of them zipping up their schoolbags was so relaxing. sounds sooo weird.

and when girls sitting in front of me started messing with their hair, putting it up in ponytails, taking it down and doing it again. entranced!

its like that feeling when someoenes elbow is touching off yours without them seemingly realising and it feels sooo nice! and not sexual, not someone you fancy. but just tingly and relaxing.

god i hope some of you know what im talking about cos otherwise i sound like a complete freak.

Advertisement