Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Friends ghost problem

Options
  • 04-03-2010 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭

Ok I know the first part of this is a second hand account but my friend sorta needs advice on this and I thought maybe I would pitch it to some of you in here and tell me what the story is.

He's been living in a newly built one bedroom flat since last August.A few days after he moved in he was drinking with his then girlfriend.Apparently his beer can was meant to have moved across the table on it's own accord in a zig zag pattern and then tip over and stand back up again.Both of them saw it and he swore blind that it happened.

About two months after the first incident,himself and some of my friends were up in the flat drinking again.There was about four of them sitting around the table.One of the friends wasn't actually drinking that night as he had worked on late and was only calling up to the flat for a short visit.Anyway all of them were sitting around the same table.Again the beer can moved this time from one end of the table to the other.This freaked out all the boys and for a few weeks after it was all they would talk about.

Around Christmas time I was sleeping there one night.I wasn't drinking this night but I had stayed up rather late talking to my friend.Anyway he went into his own room and fell asleep in the sitting room.At about half five I awoke and I could feel a presence in the room.For some strange reason I thought it was my friend and I took no notice.Didn't think much more of it and I fell back to sleep.Next morning when he came into the sitting room I asked him why did he come back into the room the night before.He said he had not come into the room and when he went to bed he had fallen asleep straight away and not woken once during the night.

Two weeks ago I was up in the flat with him again.It was early evening and I had just finished eating and was clearing the table.I was about to pick up an empty glass but the glass slid straight into my hand before I even got a chance to pick it up.This frightened the life out of me.

My friend has also told me that whatever it is has been driving him mad.When he goes to bed at night he can hear the plates in the kitchen moving in the sink..he's had the bed covers pulled off him..something once grabbed him..the toilet flushes on it's own and he can't seem to keep a single light bulb in the place.
    I have read up on alot of poltergeist stuff but I am still not convinced enough.I have theories on what it might be(energy from him maybe..) but the thing is it's been driving him nuts!Is there anyway of dealing with or any ideas what it could be..
    Thanks! :)
    Mozz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Any chance you could try and record some of the activity with a video camera over the course of a week or two and stick it up for us to see. Also dont go using a Ouija board just to be on the safe side. If its an apartment full of young people someone may do it for the laugh. Not a wise move.

Also Im looking for apartments at the moment, could you give us the rough area of the place so I know not to move in there.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Grimes wrote: »
    Any chance you could try and record some of the activity with a video camera over the course of a week or two and stick it up for us to see. Also dont go using a Ouija board just to be on the safe side. If its an apartment full of young people someone may do it for the laugh. Not a wise move.

Also Im looking for apartments at the moment, could you give us the rough area of the place so I know not to move in there.

G

Yeah sure no problem! :) I'll be up there this weekend.I'll say it to himself first but to be honest I would say he'll agree to it no bother at all!I can't see why he wouldn't!
    Also thanks for the advice on the Ouija board.I don't like messing with those things anyway and it was suggested to him before by one of the lads but like me he's petrified of them!So no chance of us working with one!
    BTW I don't think you would want to move to Nenagh anytime soon!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Hiya,

Definitly try and capture something on camera for us... :)

Give it time though... as Grimes said, approx 2 weeks, maybe 3...

It won't happen on queue :rolleyes: unfortunatly!

I just got off the phone with him there.He has no problems leaving a camera running for the next two-three weeks.:)
    Like I said I'll be up at his place at the weekend so we'll try set it up Sunday night.(No point in Friday or Saturday seeing as people are constantly in and out and also sleeping over)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Great stuff

Hopefully something will be caught :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

If there's something weird in your neighbourhood .....
    Who you gonna call ?

GHOSTBUSTERS !!!!

err Ghosts don't exist - your friend needs a hobby or a trip to a shrink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Who you gonna call ?

GHOSTBUSTERS !!!!

I can see that being a popular post on the Paranormal forum!

On topic, it sounds really interesting. Especially that it isnt a one off occurance. definately be keen to see more info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Grimes wrote: »

G

LOL! It does sound like there's some good action going on there alright. Maybe you could get a team from the the forum here to go down and scope it out professionally (if such a thing is possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

did you buy anything second hand, bed, table, chair, couch, flooring, which could be belonging to someone outside of this world right now, did you buy delph at flea markets or others, which you may not know the history of, as your flat is new, this is the only thing i can think of

Who you gonna call ?

GHOSTBUSTERS !!!!

Am..seirously if you don't have an input then why bother posting??If you just want to slag people on their beliefs and experiences then go back to the school yard.Seirously that's just juvenile..

goat2 wrote: »
    did you buy anything second hand, bed, table, chair, couch, flooring, which could be belonging to someone outside of this world right now, did you buy delph at flea markets or others, which you may not know the history of, as your flat is new, this is the only thing i can think of

Actually the couch and the chairs are second hand!He seems to think the same thing to be honest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I'd love to see something come out of this. I love the idea of the paranormal but a bigger skeptic you won't find. I'd need a ghost to walk/float up and slap me in the face before I'd actually believe it.

What ever it is it doesn't seem to be too bad. I mean what sort of an evil spirit helps with the dishes and flushes the toilet after you? Obviously doesn't like alcohol much though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I find the fact that most of these 'experiences' have been late at night when people have been drinking very telling.

Also, feeling a 'presence' in your room after waking up in the middle of the night is a common factor of sleep paralysis. It's also possible that you dreamed you woke up, or you woke up in the middle of a dream and were disoriented.

A video would be very interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Am..seirously if you don't have an input then why bother posting??If you just want to slag people on their beliefs and experiences then go back to the school yard.Seirously that's just juvenile..

Actually the couch and the chairs are second hand!He seems to think the same thing to be honest..

he does not know the previous owners, or does he,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It could be built over something that was there before. Once we did an investigation and the medium was picking up on a man in his pyjamas who was confused. Turns out the site was previously a 19th century lunatic asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i have just come back from a months holiday in the south wicklow area.as i have been going to the area for the last 6 years i now know most of the village,in the local bar one of the locals came over to me to ask me if i coud make out who the saint was on a small cross she had just found in a field,and did i think it was old,when i took the cross in my hand. it came to me she was feeling a great sadnesswhe i asked if she had a problem?, she then told me there was a bedroom in her old house that nobody could sleep in,and she believed she had a ghost,at that moment it came to me a old lady had met a tragic death in that room ,when i asked her the question she told me a story of a old woman who had hanged herself in that bedroom over 60 years ago. she had tried the priest thing with out any luck,and she had been told of my ghost experiences in the area last year,and wanted to know if i could remove it ? i had to explain now and again i could see them, but she would need a professional to move it on,anything i could try may make matters worse,i am hoping she has followed my advise,i feel bad that i am unable to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Could this possibly be a knock on effect happening here? Something similar to the beer can happened to myself and a few mates in college. We looked into it and found it was a simple scince experiment to do with heat air and viscous surface. That is, if the can has been left down on a slightly wet surface (had any of the beer spilt?) it would catch a pocket of air under the can. Simple heat from the room will make the air try to escape and circulate which will move the can along the surface following the least viscous line until friction takes its coourse and the can tips to let the air out, and the can falls back into position. This may explain the moving glasses/cans.
    Also, feeling a 'presence' in your room after waking up in the middle of the night is a common factor of sleep paralysis. It's also possible that you dreamed you woke up, or you woke up in the middle of a dream and were disoriented.

Especially if you are now of the thought that there is a pressence in the flat?

Moving delph in sink in night is a common sound in nearly any house that has delph sitting in it at night.

As for the bulbs, could be shoddy wiring that is common in all new quick built houses of the last 4 years.

Toilet flushing I don't have an explanation. But is it flushing or is it just the sound of the balll cock refilling, in which case the ball cock could be getting stuck and randomly popping up.

Advertisement