Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wind deflectors query

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I wouldnt go with stick on ones personaly ive had them on nearly every car I have owned and allways the ones in the channell.

I think they are far neater but that is only my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Just as an aside, do the in-channel ones affect the electric windows? I remember being told(by the brother-in-law as it happens) that because the window has to squeeze passed the in-channel version that they can cause the window motors to burn out.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Check to see if Clim-Air does a set for your model of car.
    Of all the ones I've used in the past, these seem to be the best IMO.

Chippy01 wrote: »
    Check to see if Clim-Air does a set for your model of car.
    Of all the ones I've used in the past, these seem to be the best IMO.

They have them alright but at just shy of 80sheets (including delivery) is a bit outside Mrs D's budget.
    Cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,755 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a set of in-channel deflectors on my Passat and now and then the window will automatically wind back down about halfway if it "catches" on the first run up but most of the time there's no problems.

Only other thing to note is the side mirrors don't go in all the way with them, but both minor things in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

They have them alright but at just shy of 80sheets (including delivery) is a bit outside Mrs D's budget.
    Cheers anyway

Ouch, that's a bit of a jump!:eek:
    Mind you, the last set I bought was for my GS300 and they cost 40 sheets, but that was about 6 years ago now.:rolleyes:

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I have a set of in-channel deflectors on my Passat and now and then the window will automatically wind back down about halfway if it "catches" on the first run up but most of the time there's no problems.
    The exact same thing happens on my A4 but only on the passenger side strangely enough. Just takes a bit of coaxing to get it closed fully
    Chippy01 wrote: »
    Ouch, that's a bit of a jump!:eek:
    Mind you, the last set I bought was for my GS300 and they cost 40 sheets, but that was about 6 years ago now.:rolleyes:
    And that quote was from their own website so i doubt that I'd get them much cheaper anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I had in-channel ones on my old car and never had any problems with closing windows etc..

The ones i had were made by this crowd:

http://heko.pl/index.php?lang=en

Cant remember how much i paid for them though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I bought mine from micksgarage and they do the job. They are not the stick on ones. Dunno if i'd like those. They provide clips that hold them in place and avoid the window hitting against them.

Advertisement