Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minimized windows

Options
  • 03-03-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

i have win 7 64 bit.

The past two weeks, i've noticed that wheneve i open up a new window in the browser, that it does not open the full way(its a little minimized), so i end up having to drag it fully open or click the max button.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Right click the shortcut and you should see the option "run". In the drop down box beside it change the value to maximised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Right click the shortcut and you should see the option "run". In the drop down box beside it change the value to maximised.

Don't understand this? What shortcut?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Where do you start the browser from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

In most cases programs like internet explorer will save and restore the window size it had at the time it was last closed, unless you're opening by clicking on a web-link.
    http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/archives/2006/05/how_to_set_inte.html
    So there might be some program opening explorer in a non-maximised size during startup?

There is also a tiny one or 2 pixel transparent border around many windows including IE when maximized with the default windows 7 theme, you'll notice these windows as they have rounded corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Where do you start the browser from?

I start the IE browser from from the taskbar at the bottom. its like 95% maximised, but its so annoying having to widen the extra bit everytime and also on every other new page.

• Advertisement

Is this the taskbar in windows 7? If so, unpin it from the taskbar then go to Start>All Programs and right click the Internet explorer icon and select properties. Then change the run option from normal to maximise. Then drag this down to your taskbar.

Advertisement