Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any ideas anyone?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all,

so heres my predicament, if anyone can help i would be much obliged....

My Nissan Terrano was having fierce problems with loss of acceleration, leading eventually to it going into limp mode. Engine light was also on. Grand i thought, so i got a chap to plug it into a diagnostics machine and the machine spewed out a print out telling me it was too much boost pressure causing the engine to go into limp mode. Chap tells me that this is related too the Air flow meter and needs to be replaced. Again all good. Got him too get one for me at cost from a motor factors. Lo and behold she was flying again. Delighted.

Fast forward exactly one week and im back to the same problem. He assures me that too much boost pressure is realted to dodgy MAF and i have no reason not believe him. The original maf taken out was replaced by one with a different part number and the original has since been thrown away.

My question if anyone can help is whats the story with it? Like if its possible a different maf was put in would it cause this problem? It was same size shape and all but just a different model.

If so how do i find out whats the right one to go in? And is this even the problem at all??

Thanks for any help ye can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Hi John. Is it a Bosch part? You could try contacting a Bosch automotive parts rep in Ireland and see what part number he/she comes up with from your vehicle details (engine code, cc etc.) Check that off the maf you have in the jeep at the moment and go from there.

Maybe try these http://www.bosch.ie/content/language1/html/921.htm

Advertisement