Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Training Thread

Options
  • 03-03-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭

Spring training is underway. Let's discuss all the action here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

I generally get sick of spring training games after about two inns, but i did watch a few games this week, just because i had the itch for it after a long winter!!

It's generally impossible to take any form from it, usually players are just getting their work in and going through the motions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Yeah. A good performance by a player in Spring Training doesn't guarantee success in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Agree with Kinda.Complete tedium. Jays are tearing it up though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭RizzoJR

even when the regular season starts proper,
    I hitter could stink for 10 games and then suddenly get hot!

Its a LOOOOONG season

spring training is cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I watched the Mariners play the padres on Sunday.

First ballgame of the year. But spring training is really just a chance to try out new players at this point so its hard to watch with conviction...

Bit like watching Nadal and Federer warm up for two hours. Fun but no tension.

Go M's!

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I watched the Mariners play the padres on Sunday.

First ballgame of the year. But spring training is really just a chance to try out new players at this point so its hard to watch with conviction...

Bit like watching Nadal and Federer warm up for two hours. Fun but no tension.

Go M's!

Nice to see another Mariners fan on here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

the team i follow (mets) lost today 8-2 to the red sox but bet the marlins the night before

Nice to see another Mariners fan on here! :pac:

Yes, same here too.

I moved to the US 20 years ago. lived in the bay area and had no interest in baseball.

I moved to Seattle about 10 years ago , met a new GF who was a mariners fan and patient enough to teach me and now i'm hooked. We go to maybe 9 or 10 games a year although last year was so depressing I think we only managed two.

This season is looking really positive though, we're expecting a major improvement over last year. Fingers crossed.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Yes, same here too.

I moved to the US 20 years ago. lived in the bay area and had no interest in baseball.

I moved to Seattle about 10 years ago , met a new GF who was a mariners fan and patient enough to teach me and now i'm hooked. We go to maybe 9 or 10 games a year although last year was so depressing I think we only managed two.

This season is looking really positive though, we're expecting a major improvement over last year. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed! :D The new GM seems to have an eye for a good deal!

I watched the mariners lose 8-1 to the rangers last night.

It didnt mean much though obviously but it was the first time i'd seen figgins and bradley play as mariners and they were great. Although bradley got thrown out...

I think its going to be a good season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Got to see my 1st bit of baseball yesterday Yankees @ Philly

1st inning Yanks score 1 and Phillies reply with 5;
    4th inning Yanks put up 5 runs;

Had to go out then but was a good game up to that point
    AJ Burnett struggled badly in the 1st inning

Advertisement