Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

octavia vrs or mazda 6 or volvo s 40?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Ok trying to decide what car to buy out of the three at the moment im angling towards the octavia vrs but not dead set the s40 and mazda 6 interest me aswell in the 2.0 diesel engine? what do ppl think?

Im also open to the smaller engine if ppl think there adequate. Only really interested in 08 models for tax reasons.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Octavia VRs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Would go for the Skoda myself too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

From those 3 I'd have to go VRS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Of those 3 the VRS, however you should also look at the Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

It's a tricky one

The Vrs is a nice car, a firm sporty wagon if you can deal with the badge

The mazda - you'd need the 2.2 Sport z for a similar spec to the Vrs , nothing to exciting inside

The Volvo - You're looking at the SE model for a nice spec but it's a mature persons car , Wouldn't set the pulse racing

If i had to pick , It's between the mazda and the Vrs . The Vrs has had a face lift in 2010. I'm not sure if the Mazda Sport Z 2.2 D was in the country in 2008. Best thing to do is give them both a drive and see which fits best

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd definitely be vRS man myself, the 2.0 tdi gets a nice 170BHP and a remap would surely bring that beyond 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Another vote for the VRS (note: facelifted in 09 with new common rail engine).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Another vote for the VRS (note: facelifted in 09 with new common rail engine).
    They got the common rail engine some time in 2008, about a year before it was facelifted, many probably couldnt tell the difference but there is a different engine code, BNN for the old PD version and CEGA for the CR version, probably something to look out for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

If you want gadgets that work and a six CD player go for the S40 SE. Auto sensing wipers work v well and the cruise control is a lot better than the VW. :D

Advertisement