Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glee - explain why you like it?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 6:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure we all want different things from tv shows, but i'll explain why i personally love it. When i first saw the pilot i laughed alot. but more then that after the pilot ended i was very happy :)

It made me feel good, it was uplifting, the music and dancing was just a joy to watch. You know it's a good show when you have a permanet :) on your face throughout.

So i waited months for the proper season to start and was greeted with the most fantastic rendition of Gold Digger, Shue was amazing!....and imo i thought the Glee version was better then the original! :eek:

But it's not just that, over time you start to like characters and the plots, it just had a little bit of everything....in a word, entertainment.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

All I ever want from the telly is entertainment. Glee is very good for that. It's pure, it's simple.

It's funny, and I love the music. It doesn't try to be realistic, but it's not particularly out-there either.

It's also aesthetically pleasing. The set and characters are easy to look at. It's just plain old good viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I don't like it that much and the music is appalling but it's worth watching for Jane Lynch alone the woman's a comedy legend. That's how Sue C's it! I can see how it's so popular mind you and you can bet your life there are going to be Glee clubs popping up in every school in Ireland in the next year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Its cleverly written, it doesn't overload on the cheese and the singing from most of the cast is incredible. I say most as I personally think Finn sucks.

Its fun and it doesn't take itself too seriously. What more could you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm sure we all want different things from tv shows, but i'll explain why i personally love it. When i first saw the pilot i laughed alot. but more then that after the pilot ended i was very happy :)

It made me feel good, it was uplifting, the music and dancing was just a joy to watch. You know it's a good show when you have a permanet :) on your face throughout.

So i waited months for the proper season to start and was greeted with the most fantastic rendition of Gold Digger, Shue was amazing!....and imo i thought the Glee version was better then the original! :eek:

But it's not just that, over time you start to like characters and the plots, it just had a little bit of everything....in a word, entertainment.

:)

That exactly :D And it has taken over my iPod.

There's a Glee club in my school now too, not that I'm going to be a part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Great story-line and great script for each episode.
    All of the characters are different and none of them are perfect - Even the 'oh so perfect' Rachel!
    The reason I started watching is because they sang 2 of my favourite songs ; "Don't stop Believin" and "Jump" - Journey and Van Halen are also two of my fave bands :)
    And not to mention JANE LYNCH! The woman is a comedic genious!
    Oh and the eye-candy... Mark Salling is gorgeous as Puck but its Cory Monteith as Finn that does it for me lol.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's the music really, even though I pointed out that the show does tackle serious issues in another thread, that still wouldn't be enough to maintain my interest. I think 90% of their covers have been brilliant and I can't get enough. Now if they were singing original material I'd turn straight off. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

It has its funny moments, the plot lines are brilliant and....

THE SONGS ARE CLASS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think it's funny, the music is great (even though obviously dubbed), and it reminds me of when I was in glee club at my high school. Everything is exagerrated, of course, but a lot of those elements were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

its just funny, and with all the singing and stuff i like it. plus its less preachy then most shows have become. so i like that too

puck and will seriously help matters to. YUMMY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Its pure feel good telly. Its like a form of escapism.
    Plus Jane Lynch is comic genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

sillyputty wrote: »
    Its pure feel good telly. Its like a form of escapism.
    Plus Jane Lynch is comic genius.

Pure escapism for me too! And the songs are brilliant. I have the CD in my car and sing at the top of my (not very good voice) to them.

I like the fact that there is no real malice in the programe. Even the nasty characters are comedic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think they do interesting and decent covers. The storyline has no interest for me. But the music is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think the music is great and when they perform, it's very entertaining and makes for good TV.

I also enjoy the story lines - the malicious Sue, trying to destroy Glee club and Will.
    The complicated love triangle.
    Will's marriage to his wife, who's lying to him about being pregnant.
    Rachel's desperation to succeed with her career and in her personal life, with Finn.

I think Glee also deals with many aspects that are very easy to relate to, for a modern audience - desperation for fame, teenage pregnancy, dysfunctional families / marriages, homosexuality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

The brilliant script and the brilliant tunes. Uplifting escapism, we need more Glee!

Aren't they going to be leaving school soon? What happens then? New characters, same club?

Advertisement