Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog has ''sleep'' in his eye

Options
  • 03-03-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

you know the stuff we all get it, but Zues has been getting it alot over the last few days, i keep cleaning it away but every hour or two its back.

im thinking he could have a small eye infection?

trip to the vet?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our pup got this a while back and it was conjunctivitis. The vet gave us some drops and it cleared up in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

The vet said my dog had "dry eyes" and I had to give him "tear drops" every day & clean his eyes. Might be similar to your problem?

The vet said I would have to do this forever.

Changed dog's food - problem fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

its like a small bit of whitey/yellow stuff like a discharge.

Am bringing him down tomorrow will see what she has to say, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

When my dogs seem to be getting more sleep in their eyes than normal I wipe them with a cold teabag, its one of those old, home remedies my Dad thought me, not sure why it works but it does. Obviously I would only recommend this if its just a build up of sleep and not an infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

TechnoPool wrote: »
    its like a small bit of whitey/yellow stuff like a discharge.

Am bringing him down tomorrow will see what she has to say, thanks.

Sounds like an infection to me, dogs eye sleep is usually hard and a dark colour. Some dogs eyes are a bit streamy but this is clear or a brown colour. Excessive streaming or a change in the dogs eye is generally a sign to go to the vet. Usually these things are just minor though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement