Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 LX Remote Locking Problem

Options
  • 03-03-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I have a 2001 Peugeot 206 LX. It comes with a remote key fob with one button on it which is meant to lock and unlock the doors. At the moment when I press the button nothing happens. I have tried replacing the battery in the key, reprogramming it according to the manuals instructions, and also tried reprogramming it according it instructions from www.programyourkeys.com but nothing solved the problem.

The only thing I can think of is that the sensor that picks up the signal from the key might be broken.
    Does anyone know where abouts on the car the sensor is, or how to otherwise fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

First thing you need to do is find out is the key sending out a signal most garages should be able to tell you if it is or not most of the time keys are at fault for central locking problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Would the garages charge just to check if the key is sending the signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

No it only takes a second.

Has your key got a little red light on it when you press the button if it has make sure this is lighting first so you know the batterys are in properly.

Yeah it has the light and it lights up properly. I also just bought a new battery today so I know it's not a battery problem. Thanks for your advice I will check it at a garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Did you try these directions...

206 PLIP PROGRAMMING SYNCHRONISATION—BSI

1. Insert the Ignition Key.

2. Press the small Black button.

3. Switch the Ignition ON

4. Keep the lock button pressed for 10 seconds.

5. Release lock button , switch ignition OFF and remove key.

6. Close all doors and press the lock button 2 times

This usally works..:)

• Advertisement

Row wrote: »
    Did you try these directions...

206 PLIP PROGRAMMING SYNCHRONISATION—BSI

1. Insert the Ignition Key.

2. Press the small Black button.

3. Switch the Ignition ON

4. Keep the lock button pressed for 10 seconds.

5. Release lock button , switch ignition OFF and remove key.

6. Close all doors and press the lock button 2 times

This usally works..:)
    Yeah I've Tried this a couple of times - no luck. Is there any sort of
    combo needed? Like program, sync, program or something?

Advertisement