Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size kennel?!

Options
  • 03-03-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies because I think this has been asked before and I even replied but I can't seem to find the thread! :rolleyes:
    I want to get a kennel from zooplus for our GR who will be celebrating his 8 month birthday next week :D. I'm not 100% sure on the size to get though. There's one that I like but the largest size is Large - 81 x 105.5 x 94.5cm now another type lists the breeds it's suited for and it says that XL - 109 x 86 x 100cm is the size for a GR so approx 20cm bigger in length and width. Is this going to make much of a difference - he's 28kgs at the moment and I'm thinking that by the time he's fully grown and in need of the extra space he'll have probably demolished the kennel anyways (he may not even use it at all)? He sleeps indoors so it's just for during the day when he wants to sit out the back and keep guard :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

hi there, if it was me i'd get the biggest one i could afford to fit comfortably in the space i had if the dog is NOT to sleep in it, means they have room to move around on those wet days, and maybe even get their water dish inside, now different matter if you want a dog to sleep outside as the dog will have to heat the kennel with it's own body heat and the bigger the space the harder it will be to keep warm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

out of the two i'd go for the lighter one - as it says "ideal for rainy weather" and we are in Ireland after all :)

i went for this one in the end - it looked the sturdiest of the lot - http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_houses_flaps/dog_houses/spike/96073

yup looks pretty good, now watch as the dog chews it :D they are little fekrs - i built two kennels, one about 5 years ago and one about 6 months ago, both still standing a waterproof, but it breaks my heart when i come home to see a bit chewed of here and there :eek:

• Advertisement

Ah they just mailed me there saying they can't ship it for logistic reasons! :( Also I feel TERRIBLE because they sent me the same order twice by mistake there a few weeks ago (the two parcels came a month apart) and I threw the box in the car and forgot to mail them - they've noticed I got it and never told them!

Advertisement