Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester Pubs

Options
  • 03-03-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Could anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay for a pint in manchester? Goin over next week and a bit strapped for cash.....:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Depending on where in Manchester you are if around the city centre then expect to pay at least 2:80stg a pint from memory. However find a Wetherspoons and avail of their cheap drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Amaru12

Lovely, thanks a lot man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's a wetherspoons at Piccadilly Gardens, bit of a depressing hole to be honest.

This is it
    http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-manchester-county

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Definitely depressing enough....rough enough in the evenings as well!!! Head to the Moon Under Water on Deansgate(Wetherspoons pub also), same prices more or less??

Aside from that...most of the pubs in the Northern Quarter can be cheap enough, good food as well!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Amaru12

Actually, if someone could give me a general estimate on what I should expect to pay for the likes of food, drink cigarettes etc. that would be great.....?????? :pac:

Oh and the names and locations of a few good bars and niteclubs would really help, thanks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Cant remember the price of cigs over there as gave up years ago.....for food try the Curry Mile(5 quid in a taxi from the centre of town), millions of restaurants and most are good value....for drink try either the Northern Quarter or Deansgate for a pub crawl....however from bar to bar the prices can vary wildly, always busy around there on a Saturday night though which makes for a great atmosphere.....you can pay anything from 1.50 a pint(in say Wetherspoons) to 4 quid in the posher bars.....

For a real Manchester experience try the Old Monkey on Portland Street, tis a local Holts public house, own bitter draft is about 1.30/140!!!! Food cheap in there as well....

Enjoy, Brgds Johnny

Advertisement