Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M. Phil in Gender and Women's Studies

Options
  • 03-03-2010 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for this masters at the moment [though i am applying to a coupe as i'm not positive what i want to do!] and was wondering if anyone on this forum is currently doing it or has done it before.
    Would like to hear a bit about what modules were available as the website lists some great ones but then says they might not always be offered, and from my experiences, universities often do this and then only seem to offer the most boring ones on the list. and also how you found the workload etc.
    Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Don't know if this helps, but have kept an eye on that masters for a while, as it's something I am interested in, and of the list they have, these are the areas that keep turning up year after year in the options (sometimes tweaked slightly):

Gender and Nation in Irish Writing
    Gender and Culture of Violence
    Irish Feminism from 1860 [two courses - one 1860-c.1922, another 1920s-30s]
    The Psychological Development of Girls and Women
    Women and the Family
    Women, Work and Employment

No idea why they list Creative Writing...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

thanks for that!
    kind of what i was afraid of, i'm not interested in taking any modules that focus specifically on irish feminism/writing, and three that i would be particularly interested in [masculinites, queer theory and gender in media/pop culture] aren't in your list!

i wish they had to disclose the modules for the year in advance, it's quite important and probably not that difficult for them to do.
    thanks again!

Advertisement