Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass Player/Singer Looking for Band Dublin/Meath area

Options
  • 03-03-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'm 23, I've been playing bass for over 10 years now. I also play double bass, guitar, cello and trombone. But id like to be primarily a bass/double bass player. I've been singing in cover bands for three years now, I'm not the main vocalist but I've been singing on my own more and more and want to be able to sing at least a few songs.
    I'm looking for an originals band or a cover band. Like something with a hint of pop, something girls can dance to. I've been in several bands at this stage and i got sick of playing to crowds full of men.
    My influences are The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Aphex Twin, Air, Matt Monro, Daft Punk, Orbital, Hendrix, NIN, Radiohead, Robben Ford, Van Morrison and AC/DC

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kevin Murphy

Heya. I'm 22 and an experienced guitarist living in Bray Co.Wicklow. Not sure if that's too far for you but the M50 makes it very quick. I'm serious about forming a band, finding the sound, and running with it. My brother's my drummer. He's 19 and less experienced but very talented.

I am largely blues/classic rock influenced. My idea, though we'll see how it works, is to blend my classic rock/blues style guitar playing with a more modern sound and to endeavour to make everything bouncy/danceable. To combine it with perhaps hip hop and/or electro.

As you can see from all the forward-slashes, I haven't made up my mind. I'm just open to seeing where a band of dedicated players can take this idea. I need my engine room!!

Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevmac 67

Hi There

I'm based in the north east and i'm starting something here that might intrest you. Would you be willing to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Hey Cormac our band is currently looking for a bass player you sound like what we are looking for. I've sent you a Private Message with the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 CormacBass

Sorry but i can only join a working band at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭JayMul

Finding an original band that is working and in need of bass player will be tricky. But not beyond the realms of impossibility so good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dill90

hey cormac send me ur email and ill send you some tracks ive done and you can see if its ur cup of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keithburke

Hi Cormac,
    I just read your post. Ha ha... I've always thought it'd be better to have a venue full of men. There are usually more girls at concerts I've played... but either way its fine.

I'm looking for a bass player, and a lot of the stuff lends itself very well to the double bass, electric is fine too... and cello would be perfect.

Do you have a website... or a few samples?

Keith
    CormacBass wrote: »
    I'm 23, I've been playing bass for over 10 years now. I also play double bass, guitar, cello and trombone. But id like to be primarily a bass/double bass player. I've been singing in cover bands for three years now, I'm not the main vocalist but I've been singing on my own more and more and want to be able to sing at least a few songs.
    I'm looking for an originals band or a cover band. Like something with a hint of pop, something girls can dance to. I've been in several bands at this stage and i got sick of playing to crowds full of men.
    My influences are The Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Aphex Twin, Air, Matt Monro, Daft Punk, Orbital, Hendrix, NIN, Radiohead, Robben Ford, Van Morrison and AC/DC

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 philipeano

Do you have any video's or songs on web of you singing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Barkmaker

Hey Cormac,
    I'm looking for a Double Bass player for my band. We are currently violin, trumpet and I sing and play guitar. The music is Alt. Folk - well you have to give it a name don't you?
    Here is my myspace: www.myspace.com/saintjohnthegambler
    I also am on facebook.com/saintjohnthegambler
    I have demo recordings for all my songs along with charts. Once we are up and running I hope to be playing paid gigs...hopefully early next year and in time to be able to get on a few festivals next summer etc.
    Let me know what you think.
    Cheers
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056107411

Looking for bass and backing vox.

Not working yet as we're still tearing through songs for a set list (we've only had 3 sessions so far but have 20+ songs already). Itching to get going asap. Plus, of course, we need a bass player/second vocalist.

We play some songs from people you've mentioned (Stones, Hendrix, Cash, Morrison) but try avoid hairy old rocker cliches as much as possible. We do some familiar music but also lesser-know Soul, R'n'B, Rockabilly etc, all with the aim of getting people, male and female, up and grooving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I've just noticed the date on this!!

Nice one Philipeano! :P

Well Cormac, if you happen to be available...

Advertisement