Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socials in ITT

Options
  • 03-03-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

What would you do so that socials cater to a larger audience in ITT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Go somewhere besides a Club ... get a rock or metal group. Doesn't have to be hardcore - just something that isn't The Coronas or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'd get rid of anything involving bikinis, mud wrestling or foam.
    It makes quite a large amount of people feel uncomfortable and isolates them.

I know there's countless people in the college who love that sort of stuff, but in my experience, it's not appealing to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Misa-san wrote: »
    Go somewhere besides a Club ... get a rock or metal group. Doesn't have to be hardcore - just something that isn't The Coronas or something...

The thing about heavier rock/metal groups is that they appeal to a far smaller number of people in the college than easy-listening type rock that The Coronas put out.

Smaller places to put on shows and gigs for heavier type music could possibly work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'd get rid of anything involving bikinis, mud wrestling or foam.
    It makes quite a large amount of people feel uncomfortable and isolates them.

I know there's countless people in the college who love that sort of stuff, but in my experience, it's not appealing to most.

I'd agree to a certain extent. One or two nights based around bikinis etc. isn't too bad.

What do you think of theme nights such as secretary/businessman or tux nights? These appeal to a wider range of people because slutbags can still get their tits out while others can dress classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Teferi wrote: »
    I'd agree to a certain extent. One or two nights based around bikinis etc. isn't too bad.

Suppose not. But it can rule a lot of people out, because loads of people won't like the idea of going out in their swim wear.

You'd never catch me heading off to a college night out in a bikini! I'd make an eejit of myself!
    Teferi wrote: »
    What do you think of theme nights such as secretary/businessman or tux nights? These appeal to a wider range of people because slutbags can still get their tits out while others can dress classy.

I think they'd be a bit of fun. Trinity's Law Society runs a few nights out like that every year! I reckon something like that would generate a bit of interest, because it's never been done in ITT before.

Plus, it would give wannabe-barneys the chance to suit up! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

bring all the parties back to fables... the metro is ****e

Advertisement