Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a dog kennel

Options
  • 02-03-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a place to get hold of a medium/large dog kennel (labrador size), preferably free or cheap!! (we could collect if local) Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

A pet shop, or the Buy & Sell if you want one secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Try donedeal or gumtree or jumbull town for a free one befor you go and buy one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

just a wee note on this sometimes if you get a secondhand kennell the new dog (in this case your dog) wont take to it because of the smell of its previous occupients, and no matter how much you wash i wont work (i know of this happening to a few people), i bought a new kennell for €65 for my golden lab its more than big enough, i do live in donegal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

A friend of mine has 2 large retrievers and recently got a second hand shed for them for free.
    They lined it with insulation and mdf and built a raised platform(out of the draught) for a bed, and put a doggy door in it.
    They love it, it has a little window and they covered it with a tarp that goes out over the door too(like a porch, when I was in it it felt quite warm inside despite the cold windy day.
    Most of the stuff they used was scraps of spare timber and bits they had lying around, I think the only thing they paid for was 2 sheets of mdf, because they didn't have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

just a wee note on this sometimes if you get a secondhand kennell the new dog (in this case your dog) wont take to it because of the smell of its previous occupients, and no matter how much you wash i wont work (i know of this happening to a few people), i bought a new kennell for €65 for my golden lab its more than big enough, i do live in donegal though.
    Good point, will bear that in mind, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

where can one get a second hand large dog house in munster, are there any retailers of second hand stuff

goat2 wrote: »
    where can one get a second hand large dog house in munster, are there any retailers of second hand stuff

I'm not being smart but all the classifieds sites listed in the replies here will have ads from people from Munster. Retailers generally only sell brand new stock.

i was hoping that someone had one in their place that is not being used any more or that they know of a person who may have one, i would pay at a reasonable rate

goat2 wrote: »
    i was hoping that someone had one in their place that is not being used any more or that they know of a person who may have one, i would pay at a reasonable rate

We aren't allowed to sell items in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I got mine on zooplus.ie. Think it was €50 for a medium sized one and it's great. Arrived in only 3 days too. Very happy with it. Much cheaper (and just as good) than any pet stores/garden centres I checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

zooplus would be worth trying, some hardware shops do sell cheap enough sheds or try Argos and you can insulate it yourself and customise it a bit to suit your dogs needs.

zooplus would be worth trying, some hardware shops do sell cheap enough sheds or try Argos and you can insulate it yourself and customise it a bit to suit your dogs needs.
    you have given me good ideas there, will take them on board, thanks

Advertisement