Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to approach a developer?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows how you approach a developer when they also use an estate agent. Have heard from various people that if you approach the developer they might be more prepared to drop prices etc. how do you do this/ find out who to call?
    my friend did this and was told they would get the house about 20 cheaper going through the developer, she was able to approach them on the site though
    thanks t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Find the developers contact details and phone / visit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Part of the problem with allot of developers (Particularly newish estates) is the fact they may be in receivership with the Agent, actually representing either a liquidator or Bank. You firstly need to find out if the developer is still trading, if so by all means make an approach. I am hoping your looking at reasonably good housing development, there's horrid stories out there about ghost and half finished estates. Finally,if at all possible and there are houses on the site sold, go talk to the owners, they will have a good sense of the situation re the developer etc.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

I'm sure the developer has a contract with the agents to sell the property....

Its quite similar to contacting a home owner when they are selling through an agent, you can do it but the homeowner can be sued.

Question... how did you hear about this property for sale?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I did it recently. Told developer I didnt want to deal with the agent. Told him the price I was willing to pay and a deal was done.

Advertisement