Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW Camper leisure batteries

Options
  • 02-03-2010 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Where can I buy leisure batteries.Charles camping I heard sells all things camper oriented. Can i get secondhand ones/car batteries or are they differently sized?
    Have a VW camper. I drive to the destination and the charge meter on the display reads fully charged. The batteries power the fridge and lights etc. Recently, the meter runs out very quickly an obviously the all important beers in the fridge don't stay cold. I have a solar panel on the roof of the van thats supposed to charge the batteries in a trickle charge??
    Are the batteries knackered or how would I know?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

salmon7 wrote: »
    Where can I buy leisure batteries.Charles camping I heard sells all things camper oriented. Can i get secondhand ones/car batteries or are they differently sized?
    Have a VW camper. I drive to the destination and the charge meter on the display reads fully charged. The batteries power the fridge and lights etc. Recently, the meter runs out very quickly an obviously the all important beers in the fridge don't stay cold. I have a solar panel on the roof of the van thats supposed to charge the batteries in a trickle charge??
    Are the batteries knackered or how would I know?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance:D

Do a post on this forum below. Sorry I can't help but the people here are very good and will guide you along with all kinds of advice, even about your batteries!!http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Halfords stock and sell 110 & 130AH batteries. Top Part can order them in for you. They would be cheaper in Top Part.....

Make sure u get a mechanic first to check battery and see if it's a write-off! Batteries and parts can be brought in from UK much much cheaper (ripoff Ireland) so that's another option, only little drawback here is takes longer. Talk to mechanic or get on the Net. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 salmon7

Many thanks guys for advice and guidance:D

Isn't that what were all here on Boards for . . . Help make life easier! Let us know how u get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

I bought two 110 ah leisure batteries for €270 from Ashgrove motorparts in Bray. cheaper there than Halfords:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

http://www.europower.ie/

Based on the northside of dublin

Advertisement