Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

price for a timing belt

Options
  • 02-03-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much to expect to pay for a new timing belt for a 01 renault clio 1.2 petrol. Renault garage are quoting around 250-350 euros, Anyone have any ideas, Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

shnethb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much to expect to pay for a new timing belt for a 01 renault clio 1.2 petrol. Renault garage are quoting around 250-350 euros, Anyone have any ideas, Many thanks.
    Sounds about right asuming it is a kit and water pump they are quoting for and not just a belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Have a look at Micksgarage.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭kravmaga

shnethb wrote: »
    Hi All,

I would say about €170

Dont go to a main dealer, go to your local mechanic

Main dealers are a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

€170 sounds a bit cheap , is that including waterpump, timing belt kit, coolant and labour, you may wan't to do the fan belt at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Paid 200 for timing belt, fan belt in AMS i think it was in North park finglas. They service Fiat / Alfa there. Was getting quotes of 280-400 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭kravmaga

€170 sounds a bit cheap , is that including waterpump, timing belt kit, coolant and labour, you may wan't to do the fan belt at the same time

Timing belt and auxiliary belts, not including water pump.

Yeah I have to get the fan belt done

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

i would advise to get the waterpump done at the same time - could save you money and time further down the line

Advertisement