Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop dogs from pulling clothes off the line

Options
  • 02-03-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi,

Apart from not hanging the clothes out when the dogs are outside... Have any of ye any tips on how to stop my dogs from pulling the clothes off the line?
    I have tried to hang them up higher but this isn't possible for things like sheets - if i want them to dry at all.

Any hints tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Amazing that you posted this question but I may not be of help but I had to reply.

Our nearly year old boxer Bailey has destroyed soooo many our (me and my mum's) clothes it was getting ridiculous. However, we have one of the PetSafe fences that runs around the perimetre of the garden. Our clothesline is quite close to the hedge at one side of the garden and the petfence comes through half way down. This meant that Bailey could get to one half of the clothes line.

We turned up the fence boundry and this seems to have worked. She got her warning (beep and vibration) a few times so now all she does is stand and bark at the clothes flapping about, which is annoying after an hour constant barking but at least no more destroyed clothes!

Only that we had the option to do that I don't know how we would have managed but I hope you figure something out. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

A moveable dog fence around the actual washing line or one of those pulley washing lines that you lower to put the washing on and pull the washing up not only can you put it up really high out of reach but dries sheets etc. much better than a rotary or regular line.

Haven't got one but always wanted one not because of the dogs just coz of the great drying.

Advertisement