Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon groomer in Tipperary/Limerick /Cork area

Options
  • 02-03-2010 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I am looking for a good groomer with experience of Bichons. We do not want the show look, just a nice tidy trimming. We have used a few different ones but were never completly happy. We even tried doing it ourselves (wont try that again). Can anyone recommend a good groomer please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Will pm you the one we use.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OldIrishWulf

I'd,like to know,whats the best brush/comb and dematting technique,much prefer to do it myself,tight git that I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kateisabella

yeah hi guys,i was wondering would i be able to get that number too,i hate the show dog look,i want something really neat and tidy but groomers dont get that.

is grooming at home easy or difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

It's easy to do it at home once you get the hang of it. Bichons are difficult enough to do though. The groomer I know won't groom them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

None of mine are Bichons but groomer told me a comb is about all you need to get rid of mats and keepthe fur in check. There was a groomin kit in Aldi a while back the there's a two sided comb on it and I've found that the best for getting out mats in our Phalene. Thought I'd have to fork out a lot but a half decent comb does the trick
    Bichons can be tricky, but if you really explain to a groomer what you want they should do it they do prefer to do the show doy style but just insist on a good oul brush and wash if that's all you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

I would recommend a small slicker brush.

Brush the hair section by section brushing towards you. (Not down)

You can tie the brushed section with little bobbings, then when all sections are brushed remove the bobbings and brush the bichon all over.

Regular brushing will pervent the Bichon getting matted.

Advertisement