Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need bit of help on my guild

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

hey
    i made a guild on nordrassil(aliance) but im finding it hard to get people to join
    i offered free boosts for low lvls, and i really want it to be a raiding guild,im lvl 70, anyone on nord that can help?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'll find it very hard to get the guild setup with only yourself in it, and not even being lvl80. You should really try and get in with a group of people, and then create the guild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

my best friend is in it and i got another guy in it, its slowly progressing but i keep on putting recruiting adds on /2(trade channel in sw) and nobody replies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Again, the problem with /2 recruitments is that, unless your well known, you are a dime a dozen. The best thing you can do (i would say) is just start running groups in instances, trying to make some friends, and getting to know a few people on your server. Offer any decent people you group with an invite, but dont come off to strong. Its kind of tougher now, as pugs are cross realm, but you'll pick up people as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Indeed it is very hard to form a raiding guild nowadays.

Basically all major raiding guilds are well known at this point and have their reputation set up. I've seen many attempt it. Some successfully.

Continue with your recruiting attempts but don't spam /2 every 30 seconds. It will only pi$$ people off.
    First things first, get yourself to level 80 fast and get geared up via badges. Same for anyone else in the guild. Travel around lowbie areas and offer help to some for the harder quests (not that their is many pre-lvl60 anymore)
    Offer other incentives such as help with profession training etc..

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The other thing you could do is when you get to 80, start running some raids and invite randoms as necessary. Start simple (eg voa), and if you play a few times with good players have a chat with them and see if they're interested.

Keep things fun and people are more likely to be interested.

It would of course be alot easier to do this the other way and join someone else's guild that's already established (gear yourself up first then ask if they have any alt/random raids you can join).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

People will only join guilds if they can see the progress you have achieved. You need a big of end game progression.
    Otherwise advertise heavily as a levelling guild, with emphasis on levelling characters and running pre 80 instances to gather people, then gradually move your way to 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Sgt.pepper wrote: »
    hey
    i made a guild on nordrassil(aliance) but im finding it hard to get people to join
    i offered free boosts for low lvls, and i really want it to be a raiding guild,im lvl 70, anyone on nord that can help?
    thanks

kinda sucks that im on horde side on nord :o

edit* i might make a DK on allys side.. whats your chars name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

hey mag
    its spacecowbooy
    i was thinking of getting a faction change to the horde because believe me the horde pwn the alliance in nord

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Sgt.pepper wrote: »
    hey mag
    its spacecowbooy
    i was thinking of getting a faction change to the horde because believe me the horde pwn the alliance in nord

thats probly the best idea cause at 80 horde have WG alot more than allys

Advertisement