Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frontline 1/03/2010

Options
  • 01-03-2010 11:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Who is the guest???

Not the doctor bloke, the other fella

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 whippy

Niall Stokes - Hot Press

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Really??

Does Niall Stokes not wear glasses & mad curly hair?

3528835947_f6e2c4c17e.jpg

Is he some other person from Hot Press?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

This could finally be an actual debate on the headshops, instead of hysteria & random facts. So far, so good methinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Think his name is Stuart Blake, from Hot Press

That auld one is just upset cause she snorted a whole bag of SNOWY SNOW SNOW and ended up getting that haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

So far its been very interesting, for a change the people know what they are talking about for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

445279.ie wrote: »
    Think his name is Stuart Blake, from Hot Press

Sorry, cant give it to you,Its stuart Clarke.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Luke ya mad Ming ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 whippy

Yes of course - Stuart Clarke - sorry!

teddy_303 wrote: »
    Luke ya mad Ming ya!

That's who he is!! Was trying to figure out where I knew him from, tis Ming the Merciless from back in the day.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Sorry, cant give it to you,Its stuart Clarke.
    He is always talking about music on Last word. Good slot. Why do folks always turn back to Alcohol when there is a discussion about drugs. Not the same thing.

Yeah, fcuking mad thing him. a few substances were tested round his gaf in sligo RTC a while back no doubt. Lunacy it was.

Looks like the headshops have started payin FF off lads! Happy days!

Must have been a few years back if he was in the RTC, haven't heard it called that in a long time..:D
    I'm sure he went a on some electoral campaign trying to legalise certain narcotics at some point too, although that could be the memory playing up on me....?*

*this is not due to personal consumption of narcotics, just a dodgy memory...honestly...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

What have the banks got to do with anything ffs! Some aul fella gets a stupid joke in and the other fools start cheering!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

df1985 wrote: »
    What have the banks got to do with anything ffs! Some aul fella gets a stupid joke in and the other fools start cheering!

Ye see, the drugs drive em crazy - crazy i tells ye!!
    There's even a movie bout them now. :D

Finally the scumbag banks - something worth talkin about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

"Theres no kids sniffing glue in the hills of Roscommon"

Well they are certainly plenty consuming everything else legal and illegal which he seemed to forget.

itac wrote: »
    Must have been a few years back if he was in the RTC, haven't heard it called that in a long time..:D
    I'm sure he went a on some electoral campaign trying to legalise certain narcotics at some point too, although that could be the memory playing up on me....?*

*this is not due to personal consumption of narcotics, just a dodgy memory...honestly...:)

I used to go on sessions with him and a few of the other heads about back then (92-94ish). Serious banter & capers etc. Happy days as they say round them parts. I remember Luke strutting round the shop (not head shop) with a swastika shaved onto the back of his head. What the locals were thinking god knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I dont like how people avoid the main question you need to ask yourself in this debate, and the councilor there who was an admitted drug user said

If you had no choice, would you rather people bought their drugs from a backstreet dealer, or a legal shop that provides funding to the ecnomony. and for the various items mentioned like education, drug rehabilitation etc.

I think it funny how people assume that because they are legal, everyones going to jump on them. Theres a hemp shop in my area, I could go buy the stuff if I want, and I just dont.

And the people who are going into them now are just the people who bought of dealers beforehand.

And the underagers buying from them, well, didnt you stand around the corner asking people to go in and buy you drink, did you not ask your older brother? Same scenario. I think its pure dramatisation to say that hemp shops are selling their products to kids directly, very typically irish, slanting the story to make it as dramatic as possible.

If I ever decided to take drugs, I'd feel more comfortable buying from a legal regulated premises, rather then some bloke of the street. Also what happens when the drug dealer stats offering me some free samples? I know how that story goes, but what if some people dont, and they take and take, they get lured in. Or when a drug dealer offers you some stuff on credit and you cant pay.

A hemp shop wont lure you in with freebies. A hemp shop wont cut its product to make more money, while putting extra risk on the user, and a hemp shop wont spot you a bag then go break your face when you dont pay up.

I'm not a drug user, I dont like drugs, and never will use/like them. But I'd rather have a society where its regulated strictly and bringing severe finance back into the economny, rather then having it sold by dodgy ***** around corners.
    I also have severe sympathy for the hemp shop owners, as I myself used to work in an airsoft shop which was also a contraversial subject matter of items for sale, and its a losing battle, when dealing with the over dramatic unrealistic irish society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

unconsciousnaba ba table.. ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Fat fúcking FF goon.

bonerm wrote: »
    Fat fúcking FF goon.

? I assume you don't mean Lucey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

WTF What ate stuart clarke????? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

ArtSmart wrote: »
    ? I assume you don't mean Lucey?

O'Brien. Fat smarmy cúnt.

In terms of the drug thing - the choice is hand billions to criminals or control it and tax it, and generate income. Course the nutters do scream loudly, but money talks louder. wont surprise me if it's all legalised soon

TheDoc wrote: »
    ....I think it funny how people assume that because they are legal, everyones going to jump on them. Theres a hemp shop in my area, I could go buy the stuff if I want, and I just dont.

And the people who are going into them now are just the people who bought of dealers beforehand.

And the underagers buying from them, well, didnt you stand around the corner asking people to go in and buy you drink, did you not ask your older brother? Same scenario. I think its pure dramatisation to say that hemp shops are selling their products to kids directly, very typically irish, slanting the story to make it as dramatic as possible.

+1
    So easy to attack the legal sellers of these things. (most) people aren't stupid, they know the risks they're taking when they take things like this. They also know the risks they're taking when they buy from street dealers.

Many of the people I've heard speaking against headshops over the last few weeks seem to have the "well, I don't understand it, but I know they're wrong" kinda attitude. They're also usually people who are over a certain age, or know someone who's had a bad experience from said products. I doubt they berate their friends who have the DTS/are incapable of moving for a day or so after consuming several pints/bottles of wine/12 shots of random alcohol in a night.

The biggest problem I can see from the general discussions is that many of the ingredients in the "plant food" react in ways that Doctors/hospital staff aren't used to yet-they know how to treat alcohol/certain drug o.d.'s, but this seems to be a new thing to them. How true that is, I don't know...but certainly more reasoned debates on them should be welcomed!

And Teddy, I'd say back then he would've gotten a few looks alright....Sligo's got a small-town mentality now, back then it was more a small-village mentality-still, sounds like happy days indeed then :)

itac wrote: »
    +1
    So easy to attack the legal sellers of these things. (most) people aren't stupid, they know the risks they're taking when they take things like this. They also know the risks they're taking when they buy from street dealers.

Many of the people I've heard speaking against headshops over the last few weeks seem to have the "well, I don't understand it, but I know they're wrong" kinda attitude. They're also usually people who are over a certain age, or know someone who's had a bad experience from said products. I doubt they berate their friends who have the DTS/are incapable of moving for a day or so after consuming several pints/bottles of wine/12 shots of random alcohol in a night.

The biggest problem I can see from the general discussions is that many of the ingredients in the "plant food" react in ways that Doctors/hospital staff aren't used to yet-they know how to treat alcohol/certain drug o.d.'s, but this seems to be a new thing to them. How true that is, I don't know...but certainly more reasoned debates on them should be welcomed!

And Teddy, I'd say back then he would've gotten a few looks alright....Sligo's got a small-town mentality now, back then it was more a small-village mentality-still, sounds like happy days indeed then :)

I know well horse, I'm from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Luke is meant to be a fantastic counsellor, locals love him because he will really go above and beyond for them now.

Lately he's the champion of the bog! Seriously, they're trying to stop people cutting turf, he's opposed as its many poor and elderly peoples only way of getting fuel plus the bogs haven't been decimated in the west like the have by bord na mona in the midlands

He's widely tipped to get an independent seat at the next general election. I would so f*ckin love to see that man up there!

Luke is meant to be a fantastic counsellor, locals love him because he will really go above and beyond for them now.

Lately he's the champion of the bog! Seriously, they're trying to stop people cutting turf, he's opposed as its many poor and elderly peoples only way of getting fuel plus the bogs haven't been decimated in the west like the have by bord na mona in the midlands

He's widely tipped to get an independent seat at the next general election. I would so f*ckin love to see that man up there!

I bet he is the agitator in the meetings, saying the unpopular comments the others wouldn't dare, even if secretly they agree with them fully. Good luck to him I say too, he'll be a **** load more beneficial to the marginalised than any of the "party line" towers who fcuk up all before them all too willingly. ;)

• Advertisement

teddy_303 wrote: »
    I know well horse, I'm from there.

ahh..the penny finally drops (slowly!) with me! :)

It'd be interesting to see how he'd do if he got in....rare to find someone who'll actually stick to their principles once they get in....but I think he might!

Advertisement