Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you need your car taxed for NCT?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Got myself a nice little E60 fine yesterday for having an out of date NCT :( . My own fault so have to organise it,

The tax expired yesterday. .does the car have to be taxed to NCT it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if you get it brought to the place on a transporter you should be grand. I think

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Thanks Seanybiker

Might be just cheaper to tax it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

doughef wrote: »
    Thanks Seanybiker

Might be just cheaper to tax it
    im not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

To drive it on the road yes it must be taxed but, it is not a check made as part of NCT.

If you are prepared to take a chance and drive to NCT Centre untaxed go for it. This is of course assuming you have insurance - without that tow it!

Presumably you are not confident it will pass if you don't want to tax it until it has NCT which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 acia

My car went through NCT last week and my tax was out by a month and it was fine nothing said. Although I did fail and now I can't get car taxed until it passes NCT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Put mine through the NCT on Saturday and it had been out by a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Hi all

Got myself a nice little E60 yesterday

On first glance, I thought you got a BMW.....

Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Thanks all

It should pass, just dont want to be paying out for service, tax and test this week.

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Thanks all

It should pass, just dont want to be paying out for service, tax and test this week.

Thanks for the replies

Exact situation I'm in! Service on Friday night, NCT on Saturday and tax tomorrow. Not to mention new tyres and possibly more maintenance required.

Good times indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

acia wrote: »
    My car went through NCT last week and my tax was out by a month and it was fine nothing said. Although I did fail and now I can't get car taxed until it passes NCT.

Don't need an NCT to tax the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

murphym7 wrote: »
    Don't need an NCT to tax the car.

This is true. You do however need proof of a valid NCT (and tax?) to insure it :)

Advertisement