Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP YOUNG multi-eventer

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I'm posting this on behalf of a juvenile track and field athlete. He's serious about his training and is very motivated. He takes part in the multi-events.

He is in need of equipment to train. He needs javelin and hurdles. I understand they are quite expensive and so he is unable to buy them - full price at any rate.

If you know anyone or maybe a club/school who might be replacing their old equipment and would be willing to help him out PLEASE REPLY!:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I might be missing something here, but could he not join an athletic club which has this equipment and also the coaches to train him in the proper use of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TheApophis

gerard65 wrote: »
    I might be missing something here, but could he not join an athletic club which has this equipment and also the coaches to train him in the proper use of it.

He is affiliated to his local club - a club which has no coaches or advanced equipment - they cater for junior school children - very basic.

In relation to whether he would be able to use the equipment correctly - he has gone to national coaching sessions and has competed in competition. He certainly knows how to use this equipment.

He is very passionate about his athletics and is improving so he wants to get as much practice in as he can. PLEASE HELP!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 patfol

TheApophis wrote: »
    He is affiliated to his local club - a club which has no coaches or advanced equipment - they cater for junior school children - very basic.

In relation to whether he would be able to use the equipment correctly - he has gone to national coaching sessions and has competed in competition. He certainly knows how to use this equipment.

He is very passionate about his athletics and is improving so he wants to get as much practice in as he can. PLEASE HELP!

I'm impressed if he's managed to get to under 18 level as a successful multi-eventer without having hurdles or a coach -I'm asssuming he's only coming of age to under 18 this summer since the javelin not required for any other juvenile age group. Is it a new event for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

where does this guy live ...if he is near Knocklyon/Templeogue, get him up to Bros Pearse AC...they are brillint with multi discipline athletes . We also have every bit of equipment he will need including a quality long jump pit and a 4 lane 100 meter tartan sprint track , high jump, hurdles, javelin,hammer, shot putt , discus ...you name it ,we have it ...we even have a basic facility to practice pole vault...contact me on here if he wants to come down to us if he is dublin

PVincent wrote: »
    where does this guy live ...if he is near Knocklyon/Templeogue, get him up to Bros Pearse AC...they are brillint with multi discipline athletes . We also have every bit of equipment he will need including a quality long jump pit and a 4 lane 100 meter tartan sprint track , high jump, hurdles, javelin,hammer, shot putt , discus ...you name it ,we have it ...we even have a basic facility to practice pole vault...contact me on here if he wants to come down to us if he is dublin

Thank you Pvincent - I'll pass your message onto the athlete.

Patfol: He has competed in multi-events, open competition I think (not sure what it was called) but is still a juvenile.

• Advertisement

UPDATE:

We have located a training Javelin so ...

ANYONE HAVE ANY hurdles THEY ARE WILLING TO PASS ON TO THE NEXT GENERATION ATHLETES?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

You have an athlete. You are starting to get some equipment. The one thing missing could be somebody to show him how to use them. Competing and going to a few squad sessions will not mean he can do events properly. If you want to help the next generation of athletes (and specifically this guy) get him to a coach/club/track who can advance him especially at the age he has at as any later and ironing out all those bad habits will be harder.

Advertisement