Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The **** is backed up

Options
  • 01-03-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

For the last 4 years, the drains in the gaf keep getting blocked up threw no fault of our own. There are about 6 houses on the system. Which is sh*t, we are last on the system of 3. For some reason the sh*t always back up to our house.

The owl fella is sick of calling out the dyno rob yer pockets crowd, every 4-5 months. We have decided to stock up on air freshners, in the kitchen and garage as this pipe blocks back to the garage and the smells is well... SH*T.

The over flow is going out to the garden, and I told him to leave it. We need a perment solution, who do we contact ? The council said they cannot do anything cause it's a private house. I was thinking along the lines of they have to do something cause its a health hazard with the pipe running under the house, and the Dyna rob solution is only a quick fix to make it go away for a while.

Any ideas? Besides a pipe out onto the road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

That happened to our house years ago. Turned out one of the neighbours was flushing nappies down the toilet. I'll never forget the smell as long as I live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Move to a better gaff man.

Only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH - > plumbing forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Could be one of the houses pouring grease down the drain. It coagulates and builds up over time to block the drain. A possible cause. If so just ask explain it to the people in the other houses and ask them, nicely, to desist.

Not your conventional toilet thread..

• Advertisement

Buy a set of drain rods and run them through.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This thread really stinks. I'm closing it.

Please feel free to rewrite your query in a manner that is more suitable.
    I.E cut out all the ****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement