Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lufthansa 2 months with auto reply only.

Options
  • 01-03-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me here? Lufthansa Cancelled flight on my GF in Jan and got her back here 2 days late. We have sent the information about compensation etc. Letter with all details needed to compensate her. We have read that €400 would be the amount she should get. She missed 2 days of work and lost weight with the stress of it all. Flight was cancelled on 2nd of Jan and after calling booking lines and emailing twice. We only get sorry you case will be dealt with soon, the weather was bad etc etc.

Would anyone know if there is a real phone number for this type of thing? The web site and booking people say there is not and Fax or email is only way to contact them. We are very disappointed in the speed this is being dealt with.

Thanking you in advance :)

Regards Gar32

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Compliments & Complaints per post or fax
    Please use these addresses for compliments & complaints only after your final flight with Lufthansa. First please select the country of your domicile.
    Please select your preferences
    Country
    Renew search
    Lufthansa Customer Relation: Ireland
    Name Lufthansa German Airlines
    Customer Feedback
    City Liverpool
    Zip Code L69 3AX
    Address PO PO Box 1289
    Address Great Britain
    Fax + 49(0)1805 - 838050
    Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
    The questions Lufthansa is asked frequently and the respective answers.
    Contact Lufthansa
    via e-mail
    via telephone
    Lufthansa offices
    Compliments & complaints
    Miles & More

yeap... only post or fax wtf:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

WTF is right and all this from a German company who you would think would be well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

In Ireland, the Commission for Aviation Regulation is responsible for overseeing the rules on compensation and assistance to passengers.
    If your flight is supposed to depart from another EU country, complain there. If you're travelling from outside the EU and your flight is operated by an EU airline, complain to the EU country where it is supposed to land.
    For the name and address of the relevant authority which can assist you with your complaints, email mail@europe-direct.cec.eu.int

Forget Lufthansa and get in touch with the German Aviation Regulator. Also note compensation is not payable if the cause of the delay is beyond the company's control or a foreseeable change in circumstances.

The regulations also provide for the payment of financial compensation to passengers, in addition to reimbursements and re-routing. Note that you are not entitled to compensation if:
    • The airline can prove that the flight cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances which couldn't have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. The EU regulations give examples such as political instability, bad weather, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes
    • The airline gave you adequate notice of the cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Lufthansa German Airlines

* Phone direct : +353 (0)1 8445544

Upper Link Building
    Dublin Airport
    Dublin
    Phone: +353 (0)1 8445544
    Fax: 1 8444120

It was a problem with the engine which I believe is within their control. She was only told at the airport when she got there. Then she had to wait 3 hours to talk to someone about another flight. The next day the said they have flight for her from different airport and she got picked up a drove there by a driver. Thanks for you help and I will follow up on your ideas. Thanks a million prinz :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

gar32 wrote: »
    It was a problem with the engine which I believe is within their control.

Apologies I thought when you mentioned bad weather that was the issue. I was stuck out there in Germany myself for a while before New Years because of the snow. Forget to link the info above:
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Travel/Delayed%20flights/

http://www.aviationreg.ie/Delay/Default.210.html

I called the Dulbin offic but it the same thing. We are sorry there are lots of people waiting too. There is no way other then email and letter etc etc etc.

I feel 2 months waiting for a phone call or email from a person is long enough. I wil have to try someone else for help.

Not Joe duffy jet but we will see. haha

I have contacted MBNA and they say they can not help me but if I send all the info to them they will investigate it. Is it time for a solicitor here?

I am very disapointed with Lufthansa and will be a very disgrutiled custoumer if they don't help soon.

Thanks for your advice :)

Regards Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

gar32 wrote: »
    Is it time for a solicitor here?

In my opinion yes. Nearly 2 months past now.

Actually, try the Small Claims Court. I believe you can use them for any Euro business. Will only cost you €15 and you can claim online. Keep all correspondence to/from Lufty's

Advertisement