Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

S line versus SE Audi

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That car needs to be added to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055492730

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

no it's not and that will also cost you another few thousand in VRT charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

no it's not and that will also cost you another few thousand in VRT charges.

I'd assume it's included as it says all cars are NCT'd, which can't be done on english plates.
    Trade ins are welcome and all our cars come fully serviced,valeted and with a valid Nct.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even if it does include VRT it is silly money for a 4 year old A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Thats a hell of a lot of cash on an A4, if that price does not include the VRT its a total rip off. Although looking at the spec those seats are an upgrade from Standard SLine, which are normally half leather and not elec adjustable I could be wrong.

I have a A6 S-line, ya I know its just a few fancy extras yada yada but at the time I got it at a good price. For me I like the extra "comfy" bits as I do a hell of a lot of driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Thanks Lads.

that price does include VRT.

Still think its crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Ozziej wrote: »
    Still think its crazy?
    Considering a friend of mine sold his non-Sline last week for 12k, I'd have to go with yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd look at a similar Passat if you need leg room in the back as well, as the A4 is tiny - it's one of the reasons I bought my own 06 Passat rather than an A4 like the one you're considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Seems like a lot to me too. A quick look at the Autotrader UK web site and I see an A4 2006 s-line for £9500 Stg. I don't know what the VRT is though. (it wouldn't be 10k though).
    OK the milage is higher, but look at the saving.

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I'd look at a similar Passat if you need leg room in the back as well, as the A4 is tiny - it's one of the reasons I bought my own 06 Passat rather than an A4 like the one you're considering.
    How are you getting on with that car Kaiser2000 if you don't mind me asking?
    Just curious to see if all these Passat steering colum issues are as bad as they say.....(if you had any issue that is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

cadaliac wrote: »
    Seems like a lot to me too. A quick look at the Autotrader UK web site and I see an A4 2006 s-line for £9500 Stg. I don't know what the VRT is though. (it wouldn't be 10k though).
    OK the milage is higher, but look at the saving.

The VRT would be 3.5k max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I was selling this car last year and would have accepted a good bit less than 20K. http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=93702&cat=46
    Plus, the car you're looking at is a Multitronic, which is one of the least reliable transmissions on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Those wheels are disgusting.A lot of UK S line A4's have them,what were thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 underpaid

tossy wrote: »
    Those wheels are disgusting.A lot of UK S line A4's have them,what were thinking!

There a standard wheel that comes on most slines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

yes and that doesn't make them any less ugly! the look like a charlie cheapo halfords wheel that you would expect to see on an old corsa or hyuandai accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

cadaliac wrote: »
    How are you getting on with that car Kaiser2000 if you don't mind me asking?
    Just curious to see if all these Passat steering colum issues are as bad as they say.....(if you had any issue that is)

To be honest the first mention of a steering column issue i've heard was in a thread last week and it was news to me.

I've had no issues with mine whatsoever since I bought the car with 57k km on it just under 2 years ago (125k km on it now).

Only things I'd say is get the 2.0 TDI rather than the older 1.9 as the B6 Passat (being a fair bit bigger than the last one - which I also had) really benefits from the extra power and extra gear in the DSG box, and make sure you service it on time (like any car really).

I've heard of problems with the electronic brake too, but although I consider it a somwwhat unnnecessary pointless change from a good ole handbrake, I've never had any issues.

The Auto Hold function (while occasionally handy when stopped on a steep incline), is a total pain at low speeds as the car becomes very jerky as it kicks in - but you can just turn this "feature" off too.

All in all, despite the problems that I know some have, I still am very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I also have a passat 2 litre diesel, I bought it with 37,000 miles on it and it now has 52,000 miles, do I need a service or should it tell me?

The guy who sold it to me advised it was a long life service and it had just been serviced ( main dealer, history etc)

I also have a passat 2 litre diesel, I bought it with 37,000 miles on it and it now has 52,000 miles, do I need a service or should it tell me?

The guy who sold it to me advised it was a long life service and it had just been serviced ( main dealer, history etc)
    It should tell you, but still, I would change the oil and filters every 10,000 miles regardless.
    It's still only a paper oil filter.

Advertisement