Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB info

Options
  • 01-03-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I'm a first time renter, about to move in to my apartment this week hopefully.

I was just looking for some info on the PRTB. Basically who registers with it? Does the landlord register us when we move in? Do I have to do it? etc...

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm a complete newb with this sort of stuff. I'm trying to get info from the site but am getting nowhere fast...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

The landlord is responsible for registering his tenants at his expense. It isn't your job and you certainly not be asked to pay for it (although some greedy landlords routinely try to get the tenants to pay). As a result if the place isn't registered, he is liable to prosecution, but you are fine. Also if he doesn't register you can still avail of PRTB services but he cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Great, thanks for that :)

I've already checked the site and found the apartment registered there so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

If you didn't sign any forms then it isn't registered to you.
    Its probably still in the last tenents name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

If your landlord isn't registered, should you contact him and tell him to register?

Advertisement