Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord re-advertised apartment without consulting me!

Options
  • 01-03-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

To make a long story short, flatmate walked out last month! I spoke to landlord and said I would try and get somebody in and if not might stay on my own for another month!

New month started, just about to transfer rent to landlord via net and I find the apartment is advertised!!

I never heard anything from him to confirm I was moving out and I never gave a months notice! Argh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get in touch with him straightaway and see what he says. As you never gave official notice, this seems odd, but he might have misconstrued what you said, so you need to clear it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Actually, my rent went through already! But I would need to pay flatmates rent too to stay another month! But still, I never gave notice!

I will contact him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The landlord is just covering himself / herself and being prepared. Nothing wrong with it. If you give your notice then at least your landlord will have a fair idea of how the market for the apartment lies.

Advertisement