Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Glowworm Flexicom 18sx boiler

Options
  • 01-03-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows how much a Glowworm Flexicom 18sx boiler costs. We have been told by one person its €3000 and another has said its less than €1000. Or do you know where i would go myself to price one?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

http://www.cheapboilers.com/gas/system/glowworm/flexicom-18-sx.htm

Maybe double that price in euro's to over estimated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aj25

Defo less than 1000. I just paid 1033 inc vat for a flexicom30cx. id say 600 to 700 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

A glowworm Flexicom 18x is between 600-800. C&F Quadrant are the agents in Ireland for Glowworm. €3000 is outrageous even if that's supply and fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

You should only pay max 850 euro inc vat and flue kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

3000 to just to fit a boiler is way to much. I remember plumbing and heating an entire house for not much more than 7000. That's price for entire job from 1st fix to finish, everything included in price.

3000 euro to drain heating, remove and refit new boiler / re fill heating is madness, either the person pricing didn't want to do the job or person is still quoting boom prices. Between 1000 to 1500 is reasonable enough, anything under 1000 I'd have to question standard of works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

When you get a price from a registered installer ,the price will have vat included.

Theres also other things that have to be added and changed to cater for a condensing boiler. Theres no-way in the wide world anyone could install a 18sx for anything like 1500.
    3000 is expensive ,2000 is more like the average price, depending on location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

To be fair, any installer changing boilers should offer a power flush as standard or at the very least a crappy "pop a bottle in the system" flush. This would be done up to two weeks beforwe new installation. This will ensure that warrenty will be honoured if problems arise down the road.

€2000 inc VAT and power flush would be ok.

€2000 inc VAT and power flush would be ok.

Cheers Micky ,just powerflushed an old system today where the people thought they needed a new system.
    It's working like a dream now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Power flushing is the way to go alright, SEI should make it a requirement before issuing grants. A straight swap is not enough, without a clean system its possible a newly fitted boiler is sending the heating system back to square one.

A system that worked for a few years with no inhibitor will build up a great deal of iron oxide (sludge). Without cleaning system prior to install of new boiler the iron oxide is going to head straight into a brand new heat exchanger, this effects heat transfer straight away, water full with iron oxide is harder to heat than clean water. Fitting a new efficient boiler might save on heat lost through flue over an older boiler but that bit of savings is then lost by having to heat a system full of manky water.

I have doubts over SEI on the heating up grade side of things, geo, solar and insulation seem to be fine but their not really on top of their game when heating (boiler / rads) come in to it.

Just something to keep in mind with powerflushing ,if a system is open ,then it's almost essential to powerflush.

But most systems that are sealed and don't have any leaks ,are generally clean enough for just a dose of X400 or similar ,just to be sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement