Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like the taste of beer?

Options
  • 01-03-2010 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I've many reasons why I'm not arsed drinking anymore, but I just remembered the main reason I never drank beer - it's gross!

Just had an import NA beer and its EXACTLY the same as Bud

So reminded me of the whole "acquired taste" idea

There's no such thing. If you keep eating/drinking something you don't like, you'll adapt to it so its not so offensive on the taste buds

I never understood why you'd bother doing this, as noone would ever do it with food they dont like

Taste of beer.....? 33 votes

Didn't like it at first, but like it now
    0% 0 votes
    Never liked it
    27% 9 votes
    Always liked it
    72% 24 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

As a drinker I must say I never liked the taste of bud. I did drink non alcoholic becks for a while and actually liked it. I know your looking for non drinkers opinions but sure there is no harm in a drinker throwing in an opinion. I do actually like the taste of beer. When I started I didnt to be fair. I dont know what it is about it because it obviously doesnt taste nice but there is something thats nice about it. Cant explain it. And as a drinker I will still admit that some of the best nights I have had out, where without drink. I honestly admire you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Cheers for the input, poll is open to all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

unreggd wrote: »
    Cheers for the input, poll is open to all! :)

no problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Loved it. Especially Belgian beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Ugh! No way! I don't even like the colour of the stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

woohoo i'm not the only one who hates beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

didn't like it when I first started,
    but nothing beats a few pints of guinness on a friday evening after a hard weeks work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

I can honestly say I never liked the taste of alchohol
    Unfortunately, that never stopped me from getting Sh*t faced for far too many years.
    I guess it was the buzz I was chasing., and to be fair, I had lol at the beggining of a very long drunk.

Sh*t, I hope I never go back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

If people liked the taste of beer the shops would be full of non alco beer

I like that it can get me drunk though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Marcelproust

unreggd wrote: »
    I've many reasons why I'm not arsed drinking anymore, but I just remembered the main reason I never drank beer - it's gross!

Just had an import NA beer and its EXACTLY the same as Bud

So reminded me of the whole "acquired taste" idea

There's no such thing. If you keep eating/drinking something you don't like, you'll adapt to it so its not so offensive on the taste buds

I never understood why you'd bother doing this, as noone would ever do it with food they dont like

Really? Most people persevere with olives and anchovies and lots of foods they don't, at first, like the taste of. Many do it because some things are an acquired taste, and realise its often worth it to educate ones palate. otherwise we'd all still be drinking mothers milk and baby food!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Really? Most people persevere with olives and anchovies and lots of foods they don't, at first, like the taste of. Many do it because some things are an acquired taste, and realise its often worth it to educate ones palate. otherwise we'd all still be drinking mothers milk and baby food!

Well all I can say is;
    I persevered for years, at the end, my palate was ulcerated and bled regularly,

I don't think "olives and anchovies and lots of foods" would have had quite the same effect.,
    but, thank you for your esteemed opinion 'Marcel'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

When I first started drinkin I suppose like everyone else it was a shock to the system. We grow up drinkin either bland stuff like water or milk and most have drank copius amounts of sweet fizzy drinks. So when you hit the pub for the first time and your in a culture of drinking PINTS of quite bitter tasting beer, its takes abit of getting used to.
    I started with lagers and ales and grew to genuinely like the taste of them. I still drink ale from time to time, rarely lager though. Ive gone off the fizzy, throath irritating quality of it. Its Guinness all the way for me now. I actually LOVE the first few gulps of a well poured pint of plain. To be honest though as the night wears on, my taste for it starts to wane. Then I hit the hard stuff. :D (Which I dont really like the taste of but its smaller potents amounts which is what i want at 1am!)

Advertisement