Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duvel Green

Options
  • 28-02-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

i've two bottles of Duvel Green, sitting in a press. (250ml)
    I picked them up on holiday's and never got around to opening them.
    Now the date is 4 months out, but that doesn't worry me.

Has anyone tried this before.. What should i be expecting ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's a lot like Duvel, though not quite as good, IMO. It was designed as a draught version, so putting it in bottles kinda defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

hmmm.. Enjoying a few regular duvel's at the moment..
    I think i'll put these green babies back in the press for another day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

7% ABV? Well that makes a bit more sense than the 7.5% ABV one I had, being that bit further away from normal Duvel at 8.5%.

Yeah, they're best approached the other way around -- drink them first, then follow with Duvel red.

i picked them up in a shop in the netherlands.. They were the last two on the shelf.
    Put into a cupboard when i got home, and kinda forgot about them..

I'm sure i'll find them again in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I really enjoyed the one or 2 I had in amsterdam a couple of years back, slightly more grassy than the regular. Story I heard was that they made a lighter one for drinking at music festivals, straight from the bottle, so I believe it's also filtered too (edit as I see it confirms on the label in the pic).

• Advertisement

i heard that story too about music festivals.

I might try and pick up some more on my next visit to holland., all depending on what i make of it when i do eventually crack one open

it's interesting that the beer nut had a bottle that was 7.5%, while the one's i picked up were a mere 7%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mine were 7 also

Advertisement