Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody well up on parking / clamping law ?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 5:29pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about this. One of the staff here was clamped yesterday in town. He had a ticket displayed which was timed as expiring at 17.21. The ticket for the clamping was issued at 17.21.

Can anyone tell me is it that your parking is expired the moment it hits the time displayed or should you have the period of that minute before you are parked illegally.

I think it's a bit harsh either way but wondering is there any point in appealing it.

If this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Ticket wasn't expired, get a solicitor. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

69 wrote: »
    Ticket wasn't expired, get a solicitor. Simples.

in fairness be careful there. if it says expired at 17.21 then at 17.21 the ticket was expired and hence can be clamped. Very harsh in fairness. May be worth fighting but unsure if will get anywhere.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

To be fair as well it wasn't that he was standing there arguing with the clamper at the time it was clamped so he was out of time either way. It's just the fact that the ticket was issued for the same minute of the expiry that has me wondering what's the position on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

chris85 wrote: »
    in fairness be careful there. if it says expired at 17.21 then at 17.21 the ticket was expired and hence can be clamped. Very harsh in fairness. May be worth fighting but unsure if will get anywhere.

Depends on how it is worded, the ticket was Valid at 17:21hrs, so should not have been clamp till 17:22hrs, but the drivers wern't there at 17:22hrs either so maybe no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Depends on how it is worded, the ticket was Valid at 17:21hrs, so should not have been clamp till 17:22hrs, but the drivers wern't there at 17:22hrs either so maybe no difference.

no one mentioned 17.22 though. All documents refer to 17.21. Ticket was valid at 17.21, so I can't believe the clamp was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

uberwolf wrote: »
    no one mentioned 17.22 though. All documents refer to 17.21. Ticket was valid at 17.21, so I can't believe the clamp was.

But was it valid at 17:21? If it expires at 17:21, wouldn't that be at the start of 17:21, not the end? It probably depends on the wording on the ticket.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kahless wrote: »
    But was it valid at 17:21? If it expires at 17:21, wouldn't that be at the start of 17:21, not the end? It probably depends on the wording on the ticket.

Either way its a bit of a joke. Their should be a few minutes of leniency. I always thought the clamper's/ ticket wardens usually allowed some time.

Were they private clamper's, or the ones that work for dublin city council?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

What time did he get back to the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kahless wrote: »
    Car was clamped, not ticketed, though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Better suited to Motors, methinks. Apologies mods, if not correct.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ar eyou sure it's not just showig what time his ticket expired rather than the time th eclampers actually arrived and clamped the vehicle?

ie they might have clamped it at 17.30 but it would still show as 17.21 because thats when the ticket was valid till?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I have a question, I was parked at the health centre in Clonmel hospital. There was absolutely no parking anywhere around. I parked half way on/off double yellows. My hands up to the offence. My question is there were no signs around to let me know that clamping was in operation. The signs where further up the road towards the hospital (I had no reason to drive past them ) As the signs wern't posted where I was clamped do I have any reason to complain and get my money back or should I just suck it up cuz I didn't choose wisely in my parking???:o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I would fight this. Getting clamped during the minute of expiry is just taking the piss tbh. Appeal this for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cerocco wrote: »
    I have a question, I was parked at the health centre in Clonmel hospital. There was absolutely no parking anywhere around. I parked half way on/off double yellows. My hands up to the offence. My question is there were no signs around to let me know that clamping was in operation. The signs where further up the road towards the hospital (I had no reason to drive past them ) As the signs wern't posted where I was clamped do I have any reason to complain and get my money back or should I just suck it up cuz I didn't choose wisely in my parking???:o
    Best to start a new thread for this, rather than bumping an old one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement