Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Dublin 15

Options
  • 28-02-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking at joining a gym.

Does anyone know if any have any special offers on membership or can I bargain down the price of membership?

Does anyone have recommendations for a particular gym?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There are quite a few gyms around:
    Westpoint, Total fitness, Aquatic Centre, Curves, Westmanstown, Rathborne, etc.

I was a member in the Aquatic Centre for a couple of years, and I'd certainly recommend it, though I've no idea how expensivee it is.
    I tried Westpoint a couple of times on free passes but didnt like the place at all, way too busy for my liking. They do good deals though.

The one in Rathborne charges by the month (€20 I think) so that's handy if you dont want to splash out on a years membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned that I am looking for a gym with a pool so I don't think the one in Rathbourne would suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

If you're looking for a gym with a reasonable rate then Coolmine might be your best bet. Lovely staff, clean utilities, never particularly busy, relatively cheap. It's not all fancy-pants stuff with tv's above each piece of equipment but all the machines are clean and in perfect working order. Has a pool and sauna and jacuzzi also which are available to users too. They also have a option of just buying a six month membership so you're not stuck if you don't like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

If you're looking for a gym with a reasonable rate then Coolmine might be your best bet. Lovely staff, clean utilities, never particularly busy, relatively cheap. It's not all fancy-pants stuff with tv's above each piece of equipment but all the machines are clean and in perfect working order. Has a pool and sauna and jacuzzi also which are available to users too. They also have a option of just buying a six month membership so you're not stuck if you don't like it. :)

Thanks for this info.

Any idea of prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Last time I used it I think it was €120ish for six months. But this would've been about two years so I'd say it's probably changed by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

I've been a member of the National Acuatic Center for 4 years and I would really recommend it. They have an Olympic size swimming pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Water Slides and, of course, gym. The Gym was re-furnished around a year ago so all machines are in excellent condition.
    I think the prize is around €400 per year for the full memebership. You can give them a call and make an appointment to have a tour of the facilities. Then you can decide if it's worthy or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Does the Nac have physio's on site? or any of any the gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

BostonB wrote: »
    Does the Nac have physio's on site? or any of any the gyms?

Without being physios, all staff have a great knowledge about sports injuries and most of them have many years of experience.
    They have a defibrillator on site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Coolmine Sports centre is doing €210 for a year, this gives full use of the place, Swimming pool / jacuzzi / steam room / Gym.

Which is pretty good considering for full Swimming pool itself they charge a membership of €180.

Only been with them a month, but never really had any problems there. It's never really busy either as mentioned above.

http://www.coolminesports.com/

^T'is their website.

Advertisement