Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you put in your animation portfolio for IADT?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I know there are guidelines on the prospectus but I would just like to know what other people included. I like to do fantasy art (sorta, not dragons and stuff but like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/amywhiskerz/, which are pretty old paintings so im a little better now ) but i will include still lifes and life drawings, should that be enough as well as the storyboards required?
    Did you think the course was good in IADT ?
    Dis anyone take the one year course in Ballyfermot first before going to IADT?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I know you like drawing fantasy drawings but they aren't much use in an animation portfolio. They would be looking for evidence of solid drawing skills based on observation. Lots of life drawing, as many sketchbooks as you can fill with quick sketches of people, animals, buildings, anything as long as it drawn from life and not something out of your head or based on a photo. While some of that stuff might look very good it doesn't tell the person viewing the portfolio a whole lot about your basic drawing skills. Take an afternoon and sit in the zoo or a shopping center and just draw what you see, you'll fill an A5 sketchbook up pretty quick. If you have to include some of the fantasy work then make sure you've got back up for it in the forum of sketchs and colour studies in a sketchbook - never include finished work that you've not got rough sketches and development ideas for.

Advertisement