Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites for iTouch apps...?

Options
  • 28-02-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I've downloaded most of the free apps on the itunes store but am wondering is there a website that gives other free apps that are not available on the itunes store. And that there is a guarantee the website is safe?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Hi.

I've downloaded most of the free apps on the itunes store but am wondering is there a website that gives other free apps that are not available on the itunes store. And that there is a guarantee the website is safe?

Any Apps not listed in iTunes would need to be installed via Cydia, which means you need to Jailbreak your phone.

Is your phone jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Sorry it's an iTouch and not jailbroken.

The only thing is I've the fear of jailbreaking it because I've heard mixed opinions about jailbreaking it.

What's your opinion and do you know the easiest way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Doyler92 wrote: »
    What's your opinion and do you know the easiest way to do it?

Personally, I wouldn't bother. If you are that fearful of doing it, it may not be really worth it. Unless there was a particular application that you badly need.

Either way, there are plenty of stickies at the top of the forum giving details on how to Jailbreak. I have no experience with the iPod Touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. If you are that fearful of doing it, it may not be really worth it. Unless there was a particular application that you badly need.

Either way, there are plenty of stickies at the top of the forum giving details on how to Jailbreak. I have no experience with the iPod Touch.

Well do you think there is a possibility that it may break and never be usuable again like freezing?

And there is quite a few apps I would like as in the nintendo ones.

I'll take a look at the stickies also.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have yet to come across any downside to jailbreaking tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement