Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download rate for WoW

Options
  • 27-02-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭

I'm considering getting WoW and downloaded the Trial version which i know works as download as you go. I had to stop playing the trial because it was downloading too much and my download cap is 15GB a month.

If i buy a copy of the game can i expect it to be downloading a lot of data while i play or is it only a small amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

your going to have to patch it up to the lastest version.

which couldnt be anything from 1 gig to 4-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think my WoW folder stands at 18gb now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

13gigs for me i think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/requirements/technical.html

15GB min it's asking for there, but that might also be to have installation space, and enough space to not be running your HDD flat out.

If techno's right, i'd suggest taking his figure. The smallest is obviously going to be the minimum required. On top of that people install add ons, save screenshots, and generally have more than they need on there.

What i'd also recommend is going along to your nearest PC gaming shop and picking up a cheap copy of the trial version. It's a full install with a trial account. Should save you a good bit of that download, and will cost about £1/€2 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;64671150']http://www.wow-europe.com/en/requirements/technical.html

15GB min it's asking for there, but that might also be to have installation space, and enough space to not be running your HDD flat out.

If techno's right, i'd suggest taking his figure. The smallest is obviously going to be the minimum required. On top of that people install add ons, save screenshots, and generally have more than they need on there.

What i'd also recommend is going along to your nearest PC gaming shop and picking up a cheap copy of the trial version. It's a full install with a trial account. Should save you a good bit of that download, and will cost about £1/€2 or something like that.

Ok. I'll probably do that cause i won't be able to download it without maxing out my download cap.

Also when the game is fully installed and during normal play how much data is downloaded in an hour. For example when i play my PS3 or 360 games online an hour of play would usually be about roughly 50MB per hour.

Is it around the same for WoW or would it be higher?

Also thanks for the replies guys.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

For 50MB you could get 4 or 5 hours of gametime, it doesnt use as much as xbox or ps3:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

shockwave wrote: »
    For 50MB you could get 4 or 5 hours of gametime, it doesnt use as much as xbox or ps3:)

Cool. I guess i'll get it then. Thanks.

Advertisement