Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

violence

Options
  • 26-02-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

can anyone tell me how violent american films and tv series are allowed to be seen by people in ireland? no wonder theres so much violence in the modern world.......just watching one on living tv at the moment. such violence ive never seen in my life. thanks to a higher power, i have nothing to do with this world today.. or any day... feels great to be away from it all...thanks for reading .hope my statements are not too real for the managers of this show....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,642 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a switch on the front of most televisions to turn off what you are watching if you feel unable to handle it, here's what it should look like

1154613797vK75jo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

can anyone tell me how violent american films and tv series are allowed to be seen by people in ireland? no wonder theres so much violence in the modern world.......just watching one on living tv at the moment. such violence ive never seen in my life. thanks to a higher power, i have nothing to do with this world today.. or any day... feels great to be away from it all...thanks for reading .hope my statements are not too real for the managers of this show....

I don't know. I just don't know. It's almost as if people want to watch this violence and horribleness. They'd be much better off with rosary beads in one hand, and a good mug of tay in the other. It's good honest labour, and dancing at the crossroads we need, not seeing lady bits and all sorts of goings on on the television. Back to the wireless I say!

Sure we didn't even have violence in Ireland until those Americans started beaming their fillums and tee-vee stuff over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rabble rabble rabble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

no wonder theres so much violence in the modern world

You cannot blame television or movies for violence. Violence was around for a long time before either of them were invented. Humans are a violent species, that's the cause of violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey we like it. We like sex drugs and rock 'n roll as well.

We are so going to hell.

If the OP is serious then he/she better avoid the new Sparticus tv series. It looks pretty damned ropey but its not lacking gore, sex and all manner of going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

and the most ridiculous post of the year goes to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

thanks to a higher power, i have nothing to do with this world today.. or any day... feels great to be away from it all.

Horse tranquilizers will do that to ya alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In every church every one looks at a statue of a man graphically crucified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Like watching a few movies turned a generation of teens into psychos. Not a chance. Unless your remote for the TV is broken, I'm sorry, but Jog On..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know. I'm with you!!!!!! There are no morals in the TV of today. It was only a few weeks ago I saw a documentary on RTE. It was Irish but was produced by a British company.

It revolved around these two uber violent priests who decided to place a bet that one priest wouldn't happy-slap a bishop, A BISHOP FFS, who was visiting their rural dwelling ("kick him up the arse" you could say. Not only this but they gleefully took pictures of it on a camera)

With kids being exposed to such violence (I say it again A BISHOP for crying out loud) I don't dare think of what the future holds for generations to come?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

violence is goooooood!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

i love violence.i love everything about it yet i never go out to cause harm to anyone or anything or any animal .those that make me a bad person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Won't somebody please think of the children?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

skelliser wrote: »
    Won't somebody please think of the children?

no way.the children are to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

just watching one on living tv at the moment. such violence ive never seen in my life. thanks to a higher power, i have nothing to do with this world today.. or any day... feels great to be away from it all...

So you're watching Living TV in Heaven?
    Are you sure you're not in the other place?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Im intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Advertisement