Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover IOLfree password

Options
  • 27-02-2010 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I use Gmail to access my IOLfree account (Gmail can access any POP3 mailbox and import the e-mail). I also use Gmail to send mail from my IOLfree account. It does this by faking the from header.

Gmail can send e-mail by actually logging into the the POP3 server and sending through there account. This means that you don't get a sender header (which shows up as on-behalf-of in Microsoft Outlook). I want to do this, which means I want to recover my IOLfree password.

So I go to the IOLfree login page, and select the "forgotten password" link, and get a 404 page not found error. Nor can I find any contact information on their site. Were they always this incompetent?

TRiG.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

I got the same result. Call them but tell them that you're still dial-up customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not sure where this should go, but moved from IrelandOffline > Nets/Comms

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qwertyTRiG

qwertyTRiG wrote: »
    sending through there account
    ... through their account.

TRiG.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 qwertyTRiG

Galen wrote: »
    I got the same result. Call them but tell them that you're still dial-up customer.
    They really don't want people to do that. Their phone number is hiding on the "legal" page. I'll try that as soon as I've finished work.

TRiG.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coreb_KK

Got this off the btireland.ie site ..................

If you have an IOL account:

•Send in a Fax on company-headed paper with details of your account and the password that you require (email or dialup) to +353 1 432 5889
    •We do not keep a record of IOL passwords so if you have forgotten yours we will need to reset it. We can reset it to a user suggested password or we will provide a random password. Resetting a password has a 2 hour turnaround.
    •Please include a contact name and number so that we can call you back with details of your password.
    •Please note that we are unable to give out passwords over the phone unless we have received a company-headed fax requesting same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

i gotta wonder why (presumably) vodafone now haven't outsoruced all the old esat, iol, oceanfree & btireland domainnames to a google apps carrier grade type service...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jrx1990

Has anyone gone through this process? I've tried ringing BT customer service but that no longer exists, they fob you off on Vodafone who don't have a clue what your talking about.
    I'm just hoping that this service hasn't been discontinued as well.

Advertisement