Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Night w/ Jonathan Ross (26/2) - Johnny Depp and Tim Burton featuring

Options
  • 26-02-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like one of the best line-ups Jonathan Ross has had in a while. Should be a bit of discussion on Edward Scissorhands one would imagine. :cool:

Also has Andrew Lloyd Webber on the show for those interested in him.

Should be worth a look. It's at 11:15pm tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It wasn't a bad interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Is Depp becoming a bit typecast i wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

tech77 wrote: »

As what exactly ? People bitch about Burton and Depp and their movies. He went from a guy with scissorhands to a b-movie director (Ed Wood) and everything inbetween including films made with other directors. It looks like people won't be happy till Depp is making leading man,mainstream, mediocre romcom bull**** films. Women love him for his looks but don't like his films because they are brought up on a diet of sandra bullock and hugh grant weepy ****e.

I'm the first to say that some of burton and depps films are a case of style over substance but by **** can Burton do style. I'd rather watch a tim burton film with the sound down than most of the hollywood muck thrown out these days. At least the pair of them seem to have a bit of integrity and creativity in a stale industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

jr=fanboi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

tech77 wrote: »

Yes he is. And Burton is lauded for his style. It does nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought the Depp / Burton interview was absolutely woeful!

Burton ("go on holiday with Johnny instead of my family..?!") was just downright bizarre, while Depp had the exact same template for every answer starting with a sharp intake of breath and inevitably going down the path of an answer Ross had set out for him in the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Every question Ross asked seemed to be prefixed with "you guys are so great together".

I found it plodded along as it was a double length interview. Normally if he has a band (U2, Take That) or another double act (Armstrong & Miller, Mitchell & Webb), they take up the same length of time as an individual. Ross mustn't have had a back up -- I know Gervais was on The Daily Show during the week, so I guess he couldn't make it back in time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Thought the interview was very good, both Depp and Burton don't do a huge amount of these type of shows or much PR in general, I thought Depp was far more comfortable with the whole process and his answer when asked about being drunk (Constantly) was very good. Also JR making fun of Depps voice and weirdeness, very good.

It was double the length because he had J Depp & Tim Burton as guest's, thats Johnny Depp, as in Captain Jack Sparrow, Donnie Brasco, The Mad Hatter, Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands etc...

Can't wait for next weeks show, the return of Lady GA GA to the show, if anybody saw the car crash that was her last time on the show this could be great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

thats Johnny Depp, as in [...] Willy Wonka
    No no, that's Gene Wilder! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Every question Ross asked seemed to be prefixed with "you guys are so great together".

I found it plodded along as it was a double length interview. Normally if he has a band (U2, Take That) or another double act (Armstrong & Miller, Mitchell & Webb), they take up the same length of time as an individual. Ross mustn't have had a back up -- I know Gervais was on The Daily Show during the week, so I guess he couldn't make it back in time :p

:D but surely Carr (Alan or Jimmy), Ramsay or Oliver were available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement