Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Development

Options
  • 26-02-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Experts,

Looking for general advice of how to start this...

I am a .Net developer and I like to start learning mobile development...
    I am looking to build an application for both iPhone & Android. Is that possible?What I need to do that?sdk?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mmalaka wrote: »
    Experts,

Looking for general advice of how to start this...

I am a .Net developer and I like to start learning mobile development...
    I am looking to build an application for both iPhone & Android. Is that possible?What I need to do that?sdk?

Thanks

This might be of interest to you - http://www.appcelerator.com/products/titanium-mobile-application-development/

It allows you to write in Web languages I believe and turns it into iPhone and Android code.

I'm not sure how good it is though, have never used it or read much about it.

If its not a go'er you will have to learn objective-c for iphone development and java for Android development.

You can get a plugin for eclipse for Android that is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

draffodx wrote: »
    This might be of interest to you - http://www.appcelerator.com/products/titanium-mobile-application-development/

It allows you to write in Web languages I believe and turns it into iPhone and Android code.

I'm not sure how good it is though, have never used it or read much about it.

If its not a go'er you will have to learn objective-c for iphone development and java for Android development.

You can get a plugin for eclipse for Android that is excellent

Thanks for your reply...I will go through this...

I used to work in C# & VB.NET...would objective-c be something like C#??

How can I test the application? is there a simulator or something? can I develop on a windows PC or should I get a mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mmalaka wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply...I will go through this...

I used to work in C# & VB.NET...would objective-c be something like C#??

How can I test the application? is there a simulator or something? can I develop on a windows PC or should I get a mac?

for iphone development you will need a mac, i think objective-c is a good bit different to c# but not sure as i am a java developer.

with android you get an emulator, think its the same with the iphone sdk

Advertisement