Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Sure if the Stat on my Oil Boiler is Working?

Options
  • 26-02-2010 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I have recently just burned 500l of oil in 5 weeks and am seriously thinking that the stat is not working on my boiler and is continuously burning oil.

The burner does cut off but when it cuts back on, it remains burning for lengthy spells. Greater than 15-20 mins. I have stood over the boiler to time the lengths between cut off's but it's been too cold to wait outside that long.

Either that, or my oil was syphoned off from the tank.

Is there anyway to check if the stat is reading properly?

The boiler was serviced last april 09
    Robbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Last few months have been coldest in a long time, I'd say thats why you've used up more oil than norm.

To check if stats working turn boiler on at normal temp, let it run for a while then turn stat down, you should hear a click, soon after burner will shut down. Leave it a few then turn up stat a bit, stat should again click but this time burner should come back on.

If stat is calling burner off / on while boiler temp is about average then stats working.

Advertisement