Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landcruiser Heavy Duty Roof Rack

Options
  • 26-02-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I am looking for a Heavy Duty Roof Rack for a 2005 Toyota Landcruiser LWB. Ideally, it would need to attach to the standard Roof Rail & optional Cross Bars. Not looking for a permanent fixture as I'd like to take it off when not in use. I've seen some ones online from Thule, WINBO, ARB but not sure of quality. Would need to carry 150Kg minimum. I heard Mr Bullbar makes custom ones for the Trade. Any recommendations ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try Neville in Towing Equipment 014566780

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Thanks Colm. I will call them. Anything closer to Munster area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they deliver for a very small amount AFAIK (think it was only 7 quid plus VAT for delivering a towbar)

You could try Westend Motors in Roscrea, they won't have them in stock but they could probably source one for you (you'll know the place, it's on the N7 with a load of jap import jeeps behind wire railings)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Any of the makes at OEC will be good as are ARB. Mostly from Oz so quite expensive. Could always take a piccie from one of the pages below and say make me one to a local fabricator.

http://www.oec4x4.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=54

Or Taubenreuther http://www.offroad24.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d20.html

Crozier 4x4 in Clara import Patriot roofrack for Land Rovers, don't know whether he would source a 'cruiser one.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Thanks for that. OEC quoted me 764 Sterling + Vat. That's way too expensive, although I am sure it's good quality. A local fabricator claims he can do one in Mild Steel which would fit snug Inside the Roof Rails (101cm) and run nearly the length of the roof. It would lie low, close to the roof and would be less of an eyesore and reduce drag. Ideally, it would fit under most Height Restriction Barriers when empty. He recommends getting it powder coated black to match the rails – all in for about 300 Euro. If I can be guaranteed that it will look OK, I might go down this route.

• Advertisement
Advertisement