Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Knocking from back of my car.

Options
  • 26-02-2010 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I drive a 2007 Opel Vectra diesel. Recently a knocking has started from the back passenger side of car. I notice it when cornering, going over bumps and driving slowly. I dont think its the shock absorber do. Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

When I saw the thread title, I knew the car in questions was gonna be a Vectra. :) This is a common complaint.

The first thing you should look at is the rear ant-roll bars. Either the clamps keeping the ARB bushes in place have become a little loose or the bushes themselves are worn. New bushes are a fiver each from a main dealer.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2010 G

I had problems with bushings before on other Vectra's. Thanks for the advice.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah, let your mother-in-law out of the boot.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

Spot on: either anti roll bar bushes or the droplinks. Shake the car from side to side and you may hear them knocking when vehicle stationary.
    had problems once with the rear subframe bushes, but that was a real loud knock when brakeing/decelerating sharply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It could also be the top suspesion arm. Theres a bushin in either end of it and these are common enough to go on that model vectra.

• Advertisement
Advertisement